Removing ticks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing ticks!

Well, my dog got a tick on him, and it freaked my wife out, and she said I had to get it off. In the past, I would have just pulled it off and not thought anything about it.

But for some reason today, I remembered reading about Lymes Disease, and how you are not supposed to squeeze the tick or just pull it out.

So I got on YouTube and learned a really cool trick that I had never heard of before. You just rub a circle with a finger around the tick for about a minute or so, and it pizzes off the tick and he lets go!!!!

Here is a link to the YouTube video.

This short film shows you the easiest and safest way to remove ticks from animals (or people). This method makes sure you don't leave any parts of the tick ...

I did this, and in under a minute, the tick just let go and it was super easy!!!!!

Just throwing it out there for anyone else who might not have known this trick. And I know I’ll be trying this if I get one of those nasty bastages on me in the future!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've always heard to turn them counter clock wise to remove..

Comment

Man I hate ticks! They give me the Willie’s.

Comment

My wife is a pet groomer
        She uses peppermint oil on a q tip
        Give it s minute or two they will back out..
        Cover tick and the area..

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
          My wife is a pet groomer

Peppermint oil, qtip, and circular motion. Works most times.

Comment

Clear fingernail polish works or any kind of oil works well. Cuts off the air supply

Comment

I just pull em off never had a problem with heads staying in. Ive had over 20 ticks on me at a time more than once. Only got Lyme once lol

Comment

thanks for sharing.. we have quite a tick population out at our ranch.. I'll give this i try next time

Comment

According to the latest that I've read, the BEST way to remove a tick is to just pluck it off as soon as you can. If possible use forceps (tweezers) and grasp it as close to the head as possible so you don's squeeze the body any more than you have to. All these methods to make the ticks back out also make them "agitated" or sick... They will indeed back out, but these methods also make them regurgitate their saliva and blood back into your body, thus making getting any pathogens more likely than just pulling the tick off...

One thing I have started doing is after pulling it off either me, someone else or a pet, lay it down somewhere, like even the palm of my hand and watch it for a few seconds to see if it crawls and acts normal... This is a good indication that all it's body parts are still attached and not imbedded in the bite...

Comment

I want to check your butt for ticks isn't that a brad paisley song?

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                      My wife is a pet groomer
                      According to the latest internet wisdom, this makes the tick puke....

We use a tick twister. Works pretty good most of the time.

Comment

Cool trick! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Works great, about $5.00 amazon. I use it on my self also!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            According to the latest internet wisdom, this makes the tick puke....

We use a tick twister. Works pretty good most of the time.
                            My sons bought me one as a joke and I've never had to use it....yet. The wife thinks it is gross of course.

Comment

Tick key. Now it loaded!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X