X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the time

Take the time.
    Come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.—Luke 19:5

Rima, a Syrian woman who had recently moved to the United States, tried to explain to her tutor with hand motions and limited English why she was upset. Tears trickled down her cheeks as she held up a beautifully arranged platter of fatayer (meat, cheese, and spinach pies) that she had made. Then she said, “One man,” and made a swishing sound as she pointed from the door to the living room and then back to the door. The tutor pieced together that several people from a nearby church were supposed to visit Rima and her family and bring some gifts. But only one man had shown up. He had hurried in, dropped off a box of items, and rushed out. He was busy taking care of a responsibility, while she and her family were lonely and longed for community and to share their fatayer with new friends.
    Taking time for people is what Jesus was all about. He attended dinner parties, taught crowds, and took time for interaction with individuals. He even invited Himself to one man’s house. Zacchaeus, a tax collector, climbed a tree to see Him, and when Jesus looked up, He said, “Come down immediately. I must stay at your house today” (Luke 19:1-9). And Zacchaeus’s life was changed forever.

Because of other responsibilities, we won’t always be able to take the time. But when we do, we have a wonderful privilege of being with others and watching the Lord work through us. —Anne Cetas

How have others taken time for you? How might you show Jesus’s love to someone this week?
    The best gift you can give to others may be your time.
    Our daily bread

Amen and thank you

Comment

Thanks
      Nice reminder

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I think this one may have been written especially for me, even without you knowing it, Bro. Bill. Thanks.

Comment

Time here on this earth is like a mist in the air compared to eternity. We should use it wisely. Thanks Bro Bill for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              I think this one may have been written especially for me, even without you knowing it, Bro. Bill. Thanks.
              Both of us

Comment

Working...
              X