No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice I'll need to start bringing a rod with me. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have caught a few small crappie on inline spinners also.

Comment

This I'm going to head out Saturday. Could bring some brats and beers for a lunch at Cottonwood if anybody's interested. If not we'll schedule some in August.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek View Post
          This I'm going to head out Saturday. Could bring some brats and beers for a lunch at Cottonwood if anybody's interested. If not we'll schedule some in August.
          I'll post if I can make it up Sat. If not best time to get the most people may be opening weekend.

Comment

Ill see if i can saturday. Suppose to take my son the the driving ranger saturday. But will definitely be out there camping opening weekend.

Comment

Drycreek, i can make it saturday and can bring the beer( if you let me know what you like) if you bring the brats.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                I'm not going to report them, went through that phase a few years ago and all it did was eat at me (different govt land). I'll mind my own business and find another place to setup (for 72 hours).

Way I look at it, if the USFS doesn't want the stands out there, tell Mr. green jeans to get outta the truck and go hunt-em up. If I can find that many, he/she can as well. Hopefully no offense to any on here.

I'll let you know when I'm going out next drycreek, not sure when that may be other than possibly 2nd week of October.
                No offense taken. I was Mr. Green Jeans for 21 years out there We removed a lot of stands every year. I climbed a lot of trees, with bolt cutters, and accompanied the FS LEO many times when he motioned hunters out of stands and gave them an "award".

The regulation was put in place years ago because hunters were claiming areas and telling others they couldn't hunt there. We removed posted signs, box blinds, feeders and found food plots that had been tilled and planted. It's never ending. I retired over 5 years ago and talk to former co-workers often. Nothing has changed.

The rules and regulations are there to protect the legal, ethical hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                  Drycreek, i can make it saturday and can bring the beer( if you let me know what you like) if you bring the brats.
                  Sounds good man. I'm fine with whatever. I always pack a little cooler with some soddies so anything you want to bring is fine too. I'll bring a couple of packages of brats and whoever comes is welcome.

Why don't we aim for the Black Creek Lake boat launch at noon on Saturday?

Anybody who wants to join feel free to swing by and say hello and have a brat.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    No offense taken. I was Mr. Green Jeans for 21 years out there We removed a lot of stands every year. I climbed a lot of trees, with bolt cutters, and accompanied the FS LEO many times when he motioned hunters out of stands and gave them an "award".

The regulation was put in place years ago because hunters were claiming areas and telling others they couldn't hunt there. We removed posted signs, box blinds, feeders and found food plots that had been tilled and planted. It's never ending. I retired over 5 years ago and talk to former co-workers often. Nothing has changed.

The rules and regulations are there to protect the legal, ethical hunter.
                    Ha! No way. So people were actually putting up signs claiming areas? What the... And I can't believe people where bringing out tillers for food plots. Ha ha!

Comment

Well, not going to make it out. Have to work.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek View Post
                        Ha! No way. So people were actually putting up signs claiming areas? What the... And I can't believe people where bringing out tillers for food plots. Ha ha!
                        Not just tillers. Tractors and bulldozers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                          Well, not going to make it out. Have to work.
                          No worries. We'll try another weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                            Not just tillers. Tractors and bulldozers.

Comment

anyone had a problem with cams getting taken? had 3 of mine taken already

Comment

Only been hanging 1 out there for a couple months now and no issues yet. You taking any measures to protect? Locks, using twigs and leaves to blend in, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X