LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to everybody this year.
    If I have a weekend this year that I can't make it to the lease I may sneak out there with my muzzleloader. I also may try to take the kids squirrel hunting if my spot closer to the house doesn't produce.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like finding other's tree stands because that tells me where NOT to setup.

Comment

I agree. When I see hunter sign I look elsewhere. I've had people stroll through spots I thought nobody else hunted. Couldn't imagine setting up in another persons treestsnd.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

By FS regulations stands can only be left in place for 72 hours. After that they are considered abandoned property by the Forest Service.

If you decide to hunt a stand left out there and the FS LEO knows it's there and stops by, guess who gets the ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            By FS regulations stands can only be left in place for 72 hours. After that they are considered abandoned property by the Forest Service.

If you decide to hunt a stand left out there and the FS LEO knows it's there and stops by, guess who gets the ticket?
            Since it's considered abandoned, does FS ever take down and auction or sell to public?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
              Since it's considered abandoned, does FS ever take down and auction or sell to public?

I don't know about auction or selling. But I do know they will remove a stand if left for more than the 72 hour limitation. If you need it removed, you can turn in the GPS coordinate to the FS. And they will monitor it.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

There are plenty of stands on LBJ now, I can tell just by looking no need to monitor.

Comment

I don't know, I don't think I'd report the stand. Are they breaking the rules by leaving it out there, yeah but I'm not interested in tattle telling on somebody. I'm more likely to just leave a note and mention the 72 hour rule to them or try to make friends and see if we can't work something out where we share spots/stands. Not trying to get some body's equipment confiscated. In my experience a lot of hunters are pretty friendly people and would appreciate the heads up.

On that note, not sure if anyone is interested in a meet up sometime soon but I know there's a pretty good group of hunters that hunt the Sam that have done one and enjoyed it.

If anyone's interested let me know. Thinking maybe scout Saturday and then cook some dogs on the grill and have a few beers out by Cottonwood. Anyway, if anybody's interested shoot me a PM. Would be nice to meet some fellow public hunters.

Comment

I'm not going to report them, went through that phase a few years ago and all it did was eat at me (different govt land). I'll mind my own business and find another place to setup (for 72 hours).

Way I look at it, if the USFS doesn't want the stands out there, tell Mr. green jeans to get outta the truck and go hunt-em up. If I can find that many, he/she can as well. Hopefully no offense to any on here.

I'll let you know when I'm going out next drycreek, not sure when that may be other than possibly 2nd week of October.

Comment

Id be interested in a meet up.

Comment

I'm interested in a meet up. I'm in Mansfield and only hunt public.

Comment

I'd likely be up for the meet up. Be nice to get to know some others.

Comment

Anyone going out this weekend? Plan on going out there sunday morning. Maybe try to see a hog and go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                              Anyone going out this weekend? Plan on going out there sunday morning. Maybe try to see a hog and go fishing.
                              Going to check a camera and hang a new one. Not sure yet if Sat or Sun. Good luck out there. Where do you fish?

Comment

Been fishing cottonwood. Been catching some nice largemouth off topwater or a Carolina rig

Comment

Working...
                                X