Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doe is in shock!

Comment

I haven't been out there in 20+ years I'd be lost if I tried it cold. I need to get a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Couple days of vacation, went up this morning and pulled a camera, found 3 more stands from last year.
        Very nice pics sir! I'm trying to get out there in a week or two to do some scouting.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill be out this weekend. Found a place that looks like it has hogs. I do have a question, maybe yall could answer, can you hunt hogs out there anytime? I never though they were out there in the 3 years ive been hunting there. So never thought to call thw office to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
            Ill be out this weekend. Found a place that looks like it has hogs. I do have a question, maybe yall could answer, can you hunt hogs out there anytime? I never though they were out there in the 3 years ive been hunting there. So never thought to call thw office to find out.
            Yes I was told no closed season. I spent the night on a plot one night with my fiancee. Wish we would of had red lights, we heard a big boar and he sounded mad. I've found good signs on a few plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowslaughter View Post
              Yes I was told no closed season. I spent the night on a plot one night with my fiancee. Wish we would of had red lights, we heard a big boar and he sounded mad. I've found good signs on a few plots.

Cool. Thanks for the answer. I really want to go hunt one. Is it legal to hunt them at night with a light? My son told me the other day that he would rather go at night because its not as hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                Cool. Thanks for the answer. I really want to go hunt one. Is it legal to hunt them at night with a light? My son told me the other day that he would rather go at night because its not as hot.
                I don't want to steer you wrong on the night hunting with a light. I'll call the office tomorrow and ask them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowslaughter View Post
                  I don't want to steer you wrong on the night hunting with a light. I'll call the office tomorrow and ask them for you.

If i take lunch ill call also. Were trying to get a job done so most days it lunch while working.

Comment

I'm pretty sure, public land it's not legal to use any type of light. Pick a full moon night.

TPWD- Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden.

Comment

I'm pretty sure, public land it's not legal to use any type of light. Pick a full moon night.

TPWD- Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden.
                      Thanks for the reply. My son was more interested in going at night than i am.

Comment

Txbowslaughter you dont happen to drive a gold suburban do you? Saw a it driving around units this past weekend after it started raining.

Comment

There is a guy here, won't mention names, that goes out all night and sits in a stand, maybe he will chime in with his "method". You know who you are.

Comment

There is a guy here, won't mention names, that goes out all night and sits in a stand, maybe he will chime in with his "method". You know who you are.
                            Hopefully. I have heard it's legal to hunt at night but only without lights. Always wondered how it was possible.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Plan your hunts around the full moon.

Comment

It is legal to hunt hogs, predators and rabbits at night with a light on the Grasslands.

You can call the Wise County Sheriff's Office and have them notify the game wardens. Be sure and give them the unit numbers and county road number where you will be hunting. The number is 940 627-5971. The game wardens will appreciate the call as it will save them from getting out of bed to check you out.

Comment

Working...
                                X