Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    He stole a sign didn't he?
    That's the story that the KN's were saying so take it for what it's worth. My wife saw part of the news conference with is father and he gave a different story.

I guess we will never really know what happened.

Comment

Sad deal but bottom line is if you travel to one of these rogue nations don't expect sympathy or to be saved when they capture and torture you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
        That's the story that the KN's were saying so take it for what it's worth. My wife saw part of the news conference with is father and he gave a different story.

I guess we will never really know what happened.
        The Norks had surveillance cameras and had video of someone stealing the poster. Certainly not death penalty worthy but trivial decisions can have big consequences.

Tragedy no matter what happened prior to his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Sad deal but bottom line is if you travel to one of these rogue nations don't expect sympathy or to be saved when they capture and torture you.
          I have sympathy for him and his parents. I made plenty of bad decisions when I was young. That being said, it's time to deal with the Norks once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            I have sympathy for him and his parents. I made plenty of bad decisions when I was young. That being said, it's time to deal with the Norks once and for all.
            Parachute pants= bad decision
            Mullet hair cut = bad decision
            Drinking cheap whiskey= bad decision
            Going to the most isolated country ran by an insane midget is on an entirely different level of decision making

Comment

Not sure what to believe with the media, but I'm sorry for him and his family! God Bless Them....but why, why, would ANYONE travel with all the turmoil in this world especially to a country that seems devoted to the demise and destruction of the USA?????? I, for one and my family are content to stay within the borders of our great state of Texas and fight off all that want our freedom!

Comment

Someone needs to take that Kim Jung dung������ Down

Comment

Bad decisions and going into North Korea are 2 totally different things.

Comment

I personally think the university should be held liable, who in the heck comes up with a trip to NK with a whole bunch college aged kids. The kid was arrested and charged with vandalizing and stealing a sign he was caught on one of them big brother cameras.

Comment

RIP Otto

Sad deal all around. You can kill people in certain countries and get less time that he did for stealing a poster in North Korea. This guy killed 77 people and got 21 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Black Ice; 06-19-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Re affirms my belief in something called "don't go to North Korea".

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Lil Kim Too Fat needs a dose of his own medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                              I personally think the university should be held liable, who in the heck comes up with a trip to NK with a whole bunch college aged kids. The kid was arrested and charged with vandalizing and stealing a sign he was caught on one of them big brother cameras.
                              UVA sent him on a trip to China
                              While in China someone asked him if he wanted to see a "woman & donkey show" in North Korea.
                              He accepted.
                              Paid his money.
                              And off he went.

I'm sure being a college student in 2014 he knew how bad NK is.
                              Did UVA give disclaimers to all their students that travel to NK is extremely discouraged?

Comment

What he did was like a college kid today booking a spring break trip to tour the heart of Isislandia in heart of bombed out Syria

That's not the smartest move.

Comment

Working...
                                X