Buying a Bass Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Bass Boat

I am looking to buy a used bass fishing boat in the Texas area, generally how much do you offer below what the seller asks for?

I was thinking about an 20 percent below asking price if the boat is what Im looking for, Is this too low?

I guess it depends if they is asking a fair price or inflated price

Comment

the price is quite normal range, but I always try to have a better price for me without it being an unreasonable offer

Comment

All they can do is say no...but they may say "sold!"

Comment

Well cared for boats get every bit of their asking price... the problem is those are far and few between. You run into allot of boats that have been abused and people think they are worth premium dollar. Spring time is boat selling time, but not boat buying time due to demand.

Comment

Where are you located? I have a friend wanting to sell his sprint bass boat 18’-6” with 150 Johnson. Big new trolling motor very clean boat keep cover and under carport.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
              Well cared for boats get every bit of their asking price
              They do, just like used truck prices used boat prices are very high right now, I hear it is good to be a bass boat builder these days, sales are robust.

Comment

I just bought a used boat. I looked for a long time looking for a good deal. From that I had a really good feel what I was looking for was selling for - boat type, year model, motor size, etc. I had a few good deals pop up, but was always too late. When a good deal pops up, you have to act quickly.

For me, the answer to your question is to get a feel for boat prices and offer accordingly. Some people just ask too much seeing what the market will bear, offer going rate and they may or may not accept.

In my case, the boat was priced about 20% below the market rate. I paid him what he was asking on the spot. If I hadn't, the next guy would have

Comment

Ditto what others are saying. We bought a 2007 Champion about 2 years ago, and there was not much haggling. And we had to drive to Oklahoma to get it. But I was very specific on what we were looking for, and this one had it all. Be ready to act on one if you find the right one.

Comment

Depends on what their asking... Pick your value you will pay start 10% bellow that at least

Comment

Been kicking around the idea of selling my skeeter sx190. Shoot me a pm if you'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        I just bought a used boat. I looked for a long time looking for a good deal. From that I had a really good feel what I was looking for was selling for - boat type, year model, motor size, etc. I had a few good deals pop up, but was always too late. When a good deal pops up, you have to act quickly.

For me, the answer to your question is to get a feel for boat prices and offer accordingly. Some people just ask too much seeing what the market will bear, offer going rate and they may or may not accept.

In my case, the boat was priced about 20% below the market rate. I paid him what he was asking on the spot. If I hadn't, the next guy would have
                        ^^^^This right here. Just bought a used bass boat today. I was not up to speed on values of different boats early in the process and missed out on the best deal I saw until the one I bought today. (BTW the one I missed on was here on TBH-Grulla's bass Tracker. Incredible deal.) I got very lucky on the boat I bought as it was just out of my budget and I did not pull the trigger but the owner texted me back and offered it up at my offer which was 10% below his asking price. I found four different places to really look. Here on TBH, Craigslist, Texas Fishing Forum, and FB page called Texas Used Boats for Sale. 2Cool was almost exclusively saltwater. Good luck.

Comment

You can also try boattrader.com.

Comment

When i got my boat a few years back, I watched the market for a few months and exactly what i was looking for popped up in Kansas for a very good deal. So i loaded up, drove to Kansas and back in a day with a "new to me" boat. Good deals are out there you just have to find them and jump on it before someone else does.

Comment

Check out Bass Boat Central if you are willing to travel for the right deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X