No announcement yet.

Safe won’t open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a Fortress safe and ours started acting up too. Had to change the internal circuit board. Worked for about 2 months then started acting up again. Now we just use the key to open it up. Next buy will be a dial for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
      Locksmith! Had a digital do this to me and will never own anything but a dial from here on out!
      People act like the I'm the only one when I tell them this.

Will not have a keypad ever again.

Comment

Had this happen on mine before. My "bolt" will turn, have to force it. Turn it once, then try combo, if that doesn't work, try turning it the other way and see if that works. Has worked on mine both times it happened. When you turn it, it will be tight, then feel like it falls into place. About a 1/4 turn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you bolt it down after you moved it? If so did you do 4 anchors or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
            Had this happen on mine before. My "bolt" will turn, have to force it. Turn it once, then try combo, if that doesn't work, try turning it the other way and see if that works. Has worked on mine both times it happened. When you turn it, it will be tight, then feel like it falls into place. About a 1/4 turn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
            Exactly, it’s a wonderful thing up until it breaks and it always breaks when you need in the most

Comment

Originally posted by Acostades View Post
              We have a Fortress safe and ours started acting up too. Had to change the internal circuit board. Worked for about 2 months then started acting up again. Now we just use the key to open it up. Next buy will be a dial for sure

Don’t fool yourself into thinking a dial won’t fail.

I had 2 of them lock me out within a 3 year span.

Cheap digital locks aren’t good and neither are cheap dials. They will both fail.

I paid $350’ish and had an AMSEC digital installed about 7 years ago and it works like a champ. Only (1) battery change during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                I have a Fortress safe that won’t open. Anyone have any experience with this? I opened it, took everything out and laid it on its back and moved it and couldn’t get it to open after. It gives me yellow lights instead of green when I punch in the code. Thanks.

This may sound silly but make sure your handle is turned all the way to the lock position (all the way to the left on my handle) and try it again. If the latch mechanism is in a slight bind, they usually won’t open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I did change the battery with the same results. I read online about the handle sometimes not closing properly and keeping it from working. The key is behind the dial? And thanks for all the input!

Comment

Working...
                  X