Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever witnessed the power of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
    Agreed. The trick is to recognize God's blessings when they happen rather than chalking things up to luck or coincidence

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
        weve all seen Gods power and Glory. most just dont know it.
        True.

Comment

Have you ever witnessed the power of God?

Every time I delete something on TBH before hitting submit.[emoji6]

Seriously though, I witness it much more than I recognize it or appreciate it for what it is and that’s a shame on me. Everything I have, everything I am is due to the power of God.

Comment

Happy to say I’ve experienced it!!!

Comment

My wife had a blood clot in the front portion of her brain following two back surgeries. It was a very rare blood clot that not a single neurologist at Memorial Hermann TMC had ever encountered (due to it being almost 100% fatal so doctors never got the chance to treat it). The ICU doctors gave her less than a 5% chance to survive and essentially no chance to recover fully. At this point, my wife was unable to speak, did not know who I was, and was blinking to answer questions before eventually being given a sedative to knock her out.

That night in the ICU after everyone had left, a friend who is a preacher called me out of nowhere. I hadn't spoken to him in at least 5 years. He told me a mutual friend from back home called and said I needed a hand and that things were looking grim. He asked to pray over my wife through the phone. After that prayer, I felt a peace that I will never be able to describe adequately. I went to sleep shortly after and woke up two hours later to my wife sitting up in bed, talking to my cousin who stopped by to check on her (she was a nurse at MH). The blood clot had begun to resolve and to this day she has ZERO long term side effects from this.

Comment

Yes he's all around

Comment

Just drive down the road. God's angels are busy saving all these pitiful crazy drivers. If was not for all of us good drivers, avoiding these complete morons, all the bad drivers would already be dead!It is a miracle many of them are even alive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                    My wife had a blood clot in the front portion of her brain following two back surgeries. It was a very rare blood clot that not a single neurologist at Memorial Hermann TMC had ever encountered (due to it being almost 100% fatal so doctors never got the chance to treat it). The ICU doctors gave her less than a 5% chance to survive and essentially no chance to recover fully. At this point, my wife was unable to speak, did not know who I was, and was blinking to answer questions before eventually being given a sedative to knock her out.

That night in the ICU after everyone had left, a friend who is a preacher called me out of nowhere. I hadn't spoken to him in at least 5 years. He told me a mutual friend from back home called and said I needed a hand and that things were looking grim. He asked to pray over my wife through the phone. After that prayer, I felt a peace that I will never be able to describe adequately. I went to sleep shortly after and woke up two hours later to my wife sitting up in bed, talking to my cousin who stopped by to check on her (she was a nurse at MH). The blood clot had begun to resolve and to this day she has ZERO long term side effects from this.
                    Holy Spirit was at work... amazing

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                      The energy of God flows through us and acts in different ways. We all have gifts. Physical gifts and spiritual gifts. How we use those gifts and see those gifts defines us.
                      I was working in the shop a few years ago when I heard the screech of tires and the unmistakable sound of a collision at the intersection outside. I was out the door and at the scene in about 30 seconds. Sitting in the driveway was a lawn care trailer, a short distance away in the ditch was a Chevy pickup, and in the parking lot on it's top was a small compact car. The smell of gas in the air was overpowering. Looking under the smashed and upside down car I saw a young woman laying on her stomach, her legs folded up against the dashboard and her face in broken glass, clearly going into shock. I have never felt so helpless as I watched her twitching, sobbing, and moaning in pain as she drifted in and out of consciousness, knowing that there was no way to get her out if I had to. I asked God to give me strength and wisdom to do what needed to be done, and was immediately overcome with a feeling of peacefulness. It was as if all my words and actions became involuntary, and I knew that He was working through me. I reached in and held her hand, telling her everything was going to be OK, that the paramedics were on the way. Noticing an infant car seat, I asked her about her baby. She said he was at home. I asked her if I could call her family, and found her phone lying next to her. Still holding her hand, I called her husband. He was 45 minutes away, and doing all he could to get there as fast as possible. For the next 20 minutes until the paramedics arrived, she gripped my hand tightly as I calmly talked to her and kept her from moving and causing more injury to herself. When they arrived, I stepped away and put her in their hands, and God's. Thirty minutes later they had her cut out of the wreckage and on the way to the ER.

There must have been 20 other people gathered at the scene, but other than another woman laying beside me in the gas and glass to help, they all kept their distance either not knowing what to do, afraid the gas would ignite, or not wanting to get involved.

A week later a man with two small boys and an infant came into the shop and asked to see the man who had held his wife's hand after the accident. He said she was recovering in the hospital, but doing well. They each shook my hand with tearful eyes, thanking me for helping her, and said the doctor told him I had done exactly what needed to be done at the time. Evidently, due to her severe head injuries, keeping her talking and awake had likely kept her from lapsing into a coma. I told him to thank God, as I was just an instrument through which HE worked.

That was not the only time I have been overcome with a "Calm" in stressful situations, but it is one time I will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                        I was working in the shop a few years ago when I heard the screech of tires and the unmistakable sound of a collision at the intersection outside. I was out the door and at the scene in about 30 seconds. Sitting in the driveway was a lawn care trailer, a short distance away in the ditch was a Chevy pickup, and in the parking lot on it's top was a small compact car. The smell of gas in the air was overpowering. Looking under the smashed and upside down car I saw a young woman laying on her stomach, her legs folded up against the dashboard and her face in broken glass, clearly going into shock. I have never felt so helpless as I watched her twitching, sobbing, and moaning in pain as she drifted in and out of consciousness, knowing that there was no way to get her out if I had to. I asked God to give me strength and wisdom to do what needed to be done, and was immediately overcome with a feeling of peacefulness. It was as if all my words and actions became involuntary, and I knew that He was working through me. I reached in and held her hand, telling her everything was going to be OK, that the paramedics were on the way. Noticing an infant car seat, I asked her about her baby. She said he was at home. I asked her if I could call her family, and found her phone lying next to her. Still holding her hand, I called her husband. He was 45 minutes away, and doing all he could to get there as fast as possible. For the next 20 minutes until the paramedics arrived, she gripped my hand tightly as I calmly talked to her and kept her from moving and causing more injury to herself. When they arrived, I stepped away and put her in their hands, and God's. Thirty minutes later they had her cut out of the wreckage and on the way to the ER.

There must have been 20 other people gathered at the scene, but other than another woman laying beside me in the gas and glass to help, they all kept their distance either not knowing what to do, afraid the gas would ignite, or not wanting to get involved.

A week later a man with two small boys and an infant came into the shop and asked to see the man who had held his wife's hand after the accident. He said she was recovering in the hospital, but doing well. They each shook my hand with tearful eyes, thanking me for helping her, and said the doctor told him I had done exactly what needed to be done at the time. Evidently, due to her severe head injuries, keeping her talking and awake had likely kept her from lapsing into a coma. I told him to thank God, as I was just an instrument through which HE worked.

That was not the only time I have been overcome with a "Calm" in stressful situations, but it is one time I will never forget.
                        Just increadble... It's amazing what happens when we let God take us where he wants to lead. We fight him so much, there is definitely peace in doing what he wants. Thanks for the story, brought tears to my eyes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Oftentimes I catch myself getting in too big of a hurry. Just stop and see what God is trying to get me to see. I will see Him working more if I don't get ahead of Him or take my eyes off of what He is showing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                            Agreed. The trick is to recognize God's blessings when they happen rather than chalking things up to luck or coincidence
                            that is so true. We become complacent and un-seeing as we move through life, day-to-day. Lord, forgive me for not being aware and giving you thanks.
                            I'm enjoying reading all the responses here as well, very encouraging!

Comment

I truly believe in his works and give all the Glory to Him. I have a situation now that I pray over constantly. It is so tough to get a non believer to let God help them. They say they can do it themselves but they continue to fail and be miserable. Im just at a lose right now because I know if the person would give it all up to God their life would change immediately and they could actually live happily. I pray the right words will come to me or someone else but so far it hasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I truly believe in his works and give all the Glory to Him. I have a situation now that I pray over constantly. It is so tough to get a non believer to let God help them. They say they can do it themselves but they continue to fail and be miserable. Im just at a lose right now because I know if the person would give it all up to God their life would change immediately and they could actually live happily. I pray the right words will come to me or someone else but so far it hasnt.
                                Like the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

You CAN be there with water when he gets thirsty.

Comment

Working...
                                X