Exotic animal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic animal question

Can an exotic be legally shot in Texas if it has a tag in its ear, and comes on your place? I’m being told they turn into livestock once their tagged.

Either way, I don’t see how they would ever get them back.
    Last edited by kenner27; 12-19-2020, 06:23 PM.

Gray area

Comment

What tag.

Comment

They are considered livestock for a certain time frame.

Best to talk to your local Leo instead of opinions (like mine) on an Internet forum.

Comment

SSS
          Shoot Shutup Supper

Comment

Thwack!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Branded, Banded or Tagged they are considered livestock per regs. Just sayin

Comment

From what I’ve heard, you have to inquire amongst your neighbors to see if they are missing something inside their fence. I believe I’d take the above advice and ask a GW to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                  Wow....makes sense however.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post

Thank you for the confirmation.

Comment

What tag. It must of fell out.

Comment

If it’s livestock I’m guessing your required to let the owner on your place anytime he want to try and catch it?

Your not getting a branded, banded, tagged axis back in the fence if it gets out are ya?

Comment

If you don't shoot it do you send the owner a bill for grazing?

Comment

What tag

Comment

Several years ago I happened up on 3 red deer one afternoon on my place. Went and got gun and was intending to shoot the stag but when I was waiting to get a good angle I saw the tag in his ear. I felt the neighborly thing to do was to ask the only neighbor I knew had a high fence if he was missing any.
                              He was and they tried to bait them back in (water gap jammed open) and no luck.

3 months later I shot the hind and the yearling as they were obviously not going back in fence. Found out years later the stag was killed in the river bottom by a deer hunter

I wanted to be neighborly and give them an opportunity to get them back. Turned out I did them a big favor just by notifying them as they found the jammed water gap and got it fixed before the rest got out

Comment

Working...
                              X