No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sky is not falling guys. They had a worse record than this a couple of years ago and ended up winning the division. Baseball is a funny sport and they play a ton of games.

Rangers bullpen has looked horrible this series.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      You are right.....so far those records are polar opposites. Which will eventually take them back to the mean.
      Agreed. Their record last year was because of part of this great luck. IMO they were not as great as their record indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        My daughters tball team is ready for the astros

Perhaps but that means they'd beat the Rangers by 50 over 3 games.

Comment

Can anyone in the bullpen throw strikes? 5 run lead for the love of God.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            The sky is not falling guys. They had a worse record than this a couple of years ago and ended up winning the division. Baseball is a funny sport and they play a ton of games.

Rangers bullpen has looked horrible this series.
            They weren't without Hammels for 2 months and Beltre for 3, either.

This bunch doesn't have the horses for that kind of race, vets nor prospects. It's time to reload.

Jerp once said of the stock market....you can only eat for so long before you have to take a dump. He probably said it a lot more eloquently than that, but you get the idea.

Comment

Where's Mike Maddux when you need him? Brocail is no bueno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                They weren't without Hammels for 2 months and Beltre for 3, either.

This bunch doesn't have the horses for that kind of race, vets nor prospects. It's time to reload.

Jerp once said of the stock market....you can only eat for so long before you have to take a dump. He probably said it a lot more eloquently than that, but you get the idea.

While I don't disagree with you as a whole on this bunch's intestinal fortitude. This team was without Hamels for 3.5 months in 2015. 2015 is the year the start was worse than this year's and Cole was traded for in mid July 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  While I don't disagree with you as a whole on this bunch's intestinal fortitude. This team was without Hamels for 3.5 months in 2015. 2015 is the year the start was worse than this year's and Cole was traded for in mid July 2015.
                  You're right, but they had others...and not much competition within the division.

It just has a different feel this go round. I'm not giving up, sooner or later they are gonna hit the ball...I just don't trust the pitching. Hope I'm wrong, I'll be watching as much as I can.

Comment

Good to see AJ "the bulldog" Griffin came to play yesterday. I like his style

Comment

Hopefully, since Ichiro is gone, Yu can overcome his personal voodoo palace in Seattle and pitch a decent game out there tonight. I think he has something like a 7+ era in that town.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        In part yes. And I dont mean that in a disparaging way.
                        I would call that "doing your job" and so far the bullpen hasn't even clocked in. We're not even in 1 run games when the bullpen comes in so....

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          Hopefully, since Ichiro is gone, Yu can overcome his personal voodoo palace in Seattle and pitch a decent game out there tonight. I think he has something like a 7+ era in that town.
                          He doesn't even need to pitch to Nelly Cruz, it seems like he has a habit of hitting 450 footers off Yu.

Comment

I'm always fascinated with the statcast stuff.

Hopefully the bullpen got all their **** out in this last series.

Comment

I'm just glad i can get back on the Rangers thread now. 4 days of listening to F'n Astro's fans because they won 3 games was becoming nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                                I'm just glad i can get back on the Rangers thread now. 4 days of listening to F'n Astro's fans because they won 3 games was becoming nauseating.

Oh...they'll show up here shortly. Especially if we start losing and they start winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X