in need of the great and mighty greenscreen opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in need of the great and mighty greenscreen opinion

A month or so ago I bought my wife her first bow after she told me she wanted to start bowhunting with me too.
    To start her off I just bought her the relatively inexpensive Diamond Infinite Edge (ready to shoot package). If she really likes it and gets into it I will upgrade for her later.

Here is my problem. I have tried and tried to help her get her bow dialed in at 10, 20, and 30 yards. I adjusted her top pin gradually until it was as high as it would go and she is still hitting the very top edge of the target at 10 yards. Every shot is dead center as far as left and right but it is high every time.
    I said "well, I don't know what to do now" so I backed her up to 15 yards and told her to use the same top green pin.................same thing, dead center left and right but top edge of the target????????
    While it was hard to shoot her short draw length bow, I shot it 3-4 times and bulls-eye every time was the result. I hand it back to her and there we go...back to the top of the target she went.

What could she be doing or not doing that could cause her to shoot 10-12'' high every time??

One other thing, although I didn't notice it while standing to the side of her while she shot, I did notice while I shot that her arrow corkscrews then entire downrange travel distance. What causes that?

Thanks in advance for all of you input

is she griping the grip..as in death grip? and video her..maybe she is PUSHING the bow when she goes to release it arrow....with the video, you can watch in slow mo and see what she maybe doing

Comment

L or R dominate eye?

Comment

If the arrow is corkscrewing, the rest is not set up correctly. As far as hitting so high, she is probably anchoring very high on her face, and trying to look down the arrow. Or she might not be looking through the peep sight correctly.

Have her take picture of you at full draw from the side, and you take one of her, and compare them, so she can see what the differences are between the way you two shoot.

Comment

Here's what you do. Take her into the kitchen. Have her make you a sandwich. Hope that helps.

Just kiddin' Mrs. Thwackmomma…just kiddin'.

Comment

Have her draw with her eyes closed to a natural anchor and see where her peep is. May be off for her. And tune from there...

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Here's what you do. Take her into the kitchen. Have her make you a sandwich. Hope that helps.

Just kiddin' Mrs. Thwackmomma…just kiddin'.
              LMBO!!!!

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              the rest is not set up correctly.
              This is where I'd start. Did the the shop set it up or did you just buy it and bring it home? Or maybe put a kisser button on it?

Comment

[its hard to beat a good samich
                as a matter of fact she just made me one from a chicken fried axis backstrap for my lunch tomorrow
                as a matter of another fact she said if she didn't just love you and the mrs. so much, Curt, she'd be on her way to Porter to have a come to Jesus with ya
                they scare me when she has one of those meetings with me

QUOTE=curtintex;8386123]Here's what you do. Take her into the kitchen. Have her make you a sandwich. Hope that helps.

Just kiddin' Mrs. Thwackmomma…just kiddin'.[/QUOTE]

Comment

thanks for the great input fellas........im sure the answer is in the above posts. Ill give them a try

Comment

Have her draw, with a pencil, her sight picture. There may be something lost in translation between your explaining how to do it and what she is doing.

Comment

sounds like vane contact to me

Comment

Peep is too high, nock point is too high, get her index knuckle directly under her earlobe there is hole if you will right under the ear where the ear connects to her head, nestle knuckle into that hole, get a bow sling so she can ease her grip on bow, and if she was left eye dominent and shooting right handed you would have her pin screwed all the way out and still shooting to the left, keep it up and utilize patience,she will get it,

Comment

Nock point could be to low or rest too high,

Comment

The last two posts
                            Best thing you could do is take her to an archery shop and let them dial her in and make sure everything is set up right. If you don't get it right for her soon she won't have fun and will loose confidence. Then she may put it down out if frustration and never pick it up again.

Comment

My wife did the same thing!!!

Try this.. When she shoots make sure she HAS FINGER TOUCHING THE RELEASE TRIGGER AFTER SHE IS LINED UP ON TARGET, then gently squeeze trigger (Just as you would a rifle)

My wife ( I taught to ) to keep finger behind trigger until ready, well misunderstanding me she would keep finger behind trigger and when she was lined up with target she would quickly reach for trigger.. In that amount of time in every shot she would flinch high to the right,..

Watch her finger!

P.S it was and still is very hard for me to teach my wife,
                              I've been shooting a bow since I was 8 ( 22 yrs ago) I kina feel like I know what I'm doin lol, sometimes it's better to have a secondary instructor teach your significant other, it's ended badly on some occasions lol, hope I could help

Comment

Working...
                              X