Mexican Riviera/ playa del Carmen questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexican Riviera/ playa del Carmen questions

Who has been and where did y'all go? My wife is wanting to go for my 40th with 2 other couples. Looking into a house, but the issue seems to be proximity to town. She is also looking at Generations resort, all inclusive. Please let me know your experiences and advice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've been. I don't remember much about it to tell you the truth. Lots of locals try to sell you stuff as you walk around. We did rent mopeds and ride them all around one day that was fun. Also found a couple cenotes along the way to enjoy.

Comment

El Dorado Royale. A Casita Suite. Fantastic place.

Comment

I've been about 10 times. By far my favorite places were Secrets Maroma and Grand Velas. Both are very, very nice luxury adults only resorts.

Comment

Secrets Maroma down that way. Beloved and the new one up towards Playa Mujeres will not disappoint.

Comment

Take lots of sun screen and mirrored sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Take lots of sun screen and mirrored sunglasses.

Sound advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We went to Dreams Tulum last June and had a blast. We felt very safe and I would highly recommend.

Comment

The wife and I love Playa, she wants me to buy a house down there.

Comment

Check out the Royal hideaway

Comment

We've been 4 or 5 times. Excellens Playa Mujeres, and El Dorado Royale were my two favorites.

Comment

We went 3 years ago with 4 other couples and all stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico resort and had an amazing time. The pools were nice, the beach was beautiful, and the food and drinks were great. We took one excursion and did a half day deep sea fishing trip and caught several mahi mahi and a sailfish.

Word of advice if you're doing an all inclusive resort, take $5 bills for tipping the waiters. Everyone else takes $1s and you'll get your drinks faster and more frequently.

Comment

We stayed here: https://www.playaresorts.com/the-royal-playa-del-carmen

It is walking distance to all the Bars/Restaurants in Playa, short trip to the docks for fishing charters, and all inclusive adults only. (top shelf liquor included)Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustythebeagle View Post
                            We stayed here: https://www.playaresorts.com/the-royal-playa-del-carmen

It is walking distance to all the Bars/Restaurants in Playa, short trip to the docks for fishing charters, and all inclusive adults only. (top shelf liquor included)Highly recommend.
                            X2 Been here about 6 times our favorite place in Playa by far. Just walk into town if you get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              El Dorado Royale. A Casita Suite. Fantastic place.
                              Top of the line service.

Mrs and I got married there.

We rented a casita, with a swim up bar just a few steps off the back porch. The food was good, and the tours that they organize were a ton of fun.

I'm planning to take her back for our 20th anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                              X