Any lawyers on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any lawyers on here

I have a question about my wife and her former employer. She was a nanny for a couple and was paid on a salary. She quit almost 2 years ago and now the couple is saying she owes money back to them for being overpaid.

They did not keep time sheets and no one ever signed documents when she left saying she owed them money.

Im not sure what rights these people have.

Lol what in the world???

This sure sounds like a "go pound sand" response opportunity!

Reminds me when my folks bought land from a guy. Kept it a year, and due to the drought were forced to sell. They nearly double their money by splitting it into 10 acre tracts. The original owner contacted my folks demanding half of that profit or he was going to get a lawyer. Talk about a LOL moment.

Comment

Not a lawyer but I don't see anyway they have a claim here.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
        I have a question about my wife and her former employer. She was a nanny for a couple and was paid on a salary. She quit almost 2 years ago and now the couple is saying she owes money back to them for being overpaid.

They did not keep time sheets and no one ever signed documents when she left saying she owed them money.

Seems legitimate...... if you smoke a lot of dope.

Comment

Wow

Comment

so your wife quits 2 yrs ago, and now this couple wants some $$$ back ?

I'd tell them to pound sand

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Lol what in the world???

This sure sounds like a "go pound sand" response opportunity!

Reminds me when my folks bought land from a guy. Kept it a year, and due to the drought were forced to sell. They nearly double their money by splitting it into 10 acre tracts. The original owner contacted my folks demanding half of that profit or he was going to get a lawyer. Talk about a LOL moment.

An end to this story...would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                An end to this story...would be nice.
                Sorry. Figured it was a given

Apparently he did call a few lawyers and all of them told him there was no way he was going to get anything out of it. There were no deed restrictions conveyed with the property, which may have been his only avenue to receive anything if they had been broken.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Sorry. Figured it was a given

Apparently he did call a few lawyers and all of them told him there was no way he was going to get anything out of it. There were no deed restrictions conveyed with the property, which may have been his only avenue to receive anything if they had been broken.
                  Thank you sir, that concluded the story nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post

Im no lawyer but they have no leg to stand on.

Comment

I would tell them to call 1-800-wahhhhh. People these days amaze me. Just when you think you've heard it all.......

Comment

They sound like a couple of "see you next Tuesday"s lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If they can prove she owes them money, they probably have a case. However, their may be a statute of limitations that has lapsed, voiding their claim. Bottom line, I doubt they will take the claim into litigation unless it is a very large amount (which is unlikely due to the 2 years passing). Id say, do what you think is right... litigation is unlikely

Comment

Have them call webstertroy

Comment

Just give them the middle finger salute! That should take care of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X