1st amendment rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st amendment rant

This has been bothering me since this afternoon.
    So my clipboard is setting on my lunch table, either this morning or yesterday. This engineer walks through and sees it. He tells one of the other employees that it was offensive.
    So my supervisor spoke to me about it. He asked me to take it home so as not to hurt anybody’s feelings.
    Now it has made it to my upper management. They have not spoke to me yet, other than my supervisor.
    I don’t want to lose my job over this.
    But I also feel like my first amendment rights are being infringed on. Anybody that knows who I am, knows that I don’t dislike anyone. But people that get butt hurt over words needs to suck it up buttercup, and grow a pair of nads.
    Attached Files

Don't disagree with you. But rights and work are often not congruent. Probably couldn't call your boss a dumb **** either, even if he is.

Comment

You have free speech but you arent guaranteed employment. You cant go around using racial slurs etc and expect a job because of free speech. This is just a different offensive form to Muslims. By the way, I am just a messenger that would not offend me. Just trying to show a different view point for you

Comment

Never mind. I erased my post.

Just use wisdom when displaying your viewpoints at work. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should.
        Last edited by Kdurham; 12-12-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
          Don't disagree with you. But rights and work are often not congruent. Probably couldn't call your boss a dumb **** either, even if he is.
          X2.

Gob bless Eagle.

Comment

And I'm all for skating hr bs. It's almost a hobby. But your walking around with a little tiny billboard.
            Last edited by TexMax; 12-12-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Would you be offended if that engineer had Aloha Snackbar on his clipboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I'm all for skating hr bs. It's almost a hobby. But your walking around with I little tiny billboard.
                No no no.
                Schmooze HR.
                Then skate on sexual harrassment accusations. "Im just playin grab ***."

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                  Would you be offended if that engineer had Aloha Snackbar on his clipb

Unlikely. That's a slur on the same group?

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  No no no.
                  Schmooze HR.
                  Then skate on sexual harrassment accusations. "Im just playin grab ***."
                  No comment lol

Comment

Unlikely. That's a slur on the same group?

No comment lol

Darn auto text! Hahaha

Comment

1st amendment states the government cant stop your freedom of speech. My employer has the right to have different rules on their property just like I can have different rules in my house.

Comment

Anywho. I worked/been hired by construction, by my (at the time) gf, and in outright nepotism cases. And I don't think this is a good battle for ya.

Comment

True story....
                          My dad and I was pulled over on Marine base he was stationed by the MP's for a having a Russia Sucks bumper sticker back in 1989-90. They made him take it off right there on the road. Not sure if this correlates, but this post made me remember that.

Comment

Choose your battles. Job or sticker?

Comment

You can come work for us!

Comment

Working...
                              X