Video: First Doe for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: First Doe for 2013

Watch the blood pour out right after the arrow passes through. I usually try to keep them closer to 5 minutes, but I got a little carried away. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBpmbD7CDlo"]Perfect Shot v2 - YouTube[/ame]

Great job on the video and nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great video bro! Really enjoyed it. Watch'em Drop

Comment

Nice video,and that Dog, yeah you right.

Comment

cool vid man

Comment

Cool video. Congrats on the kill!

Comment

Thanks guys! Did y'all see all the blood pour out? I'm a grim reaper man now

Comment

Sorry, but i'd hafta stick that mutt.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                  Sorry, but i'd hafta stick that mutt.
                  I was pretty upset that he ran through twice. You could tell he was having the time of his life. I've never shot a dog before, but after I found that doe he may be the first.

I've never seen him before or since. I'm wondering if he didn't belong to anyone in the area.

Comment

Great video. I put my cursor on the does back before the shot and she really dropped a lot. Perfect hit!

Comment

Originally posted by ChadMR82 View Post
                      Great video. I put my cursor on the does back before the shot and she really dropped a lot. Perfect hit!
                      Thank you! This is only the 5th deer I've shot so I'm still learning. My mistake is usually aiming at the center and then they duck and I spine them. I would always tell myself to aim lower, but would forget in the excitement. This time I remember and aimed at the bottom of her chest cavity. Very happy with this shot. The only thing that ruined this hunt was a dog

Comment

Awesome video. Noticed you were using 50# limb bow with those reapers. Got a question for you. Do you happen to know your KE for your setup? I am shooting a 55# bow, with 50fpe (400g @ 240fps). I had a shot on a doe that didn't pass through - 15" max penetration. I was also using the 1 3/8" reaper. I figured I either hit some shoulder blade, or I didn't have enough KE. But after seeing your video, I'm now wondering if it was more shoulder blade related.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Awesome video. Noticed you were using 50# limb bow with those reapers. Got a question for you. Do you happen to know your KE for your setup? I am shooting a 55# bow, with 50fpe (400g @ 240fps). I had a shot on a doe that didn't pass through - 15" max penetration. I was also using the 1 3/8" reaper. I figured I either hit some shoulder blade, or I didn't have enough KE. But after seeing your video, I'm now wondering if it was more shoulder blade related.
                          That's exactly why I showed that the arrow passed through and still stuck in the tree along with my setup. I have been through many bow/arrow/bh combinations trying to perfect my setup. I think I've finally got it right!

What bow are you shooting, whats your DL?

My bow has never been through a crono, but here are my calculated specs:

Arrow Speed: 272 fps
                          KE: 60 ft-lbs

I could crank it up to 55 lbs and achieve 282 fps/65 ft-lbs. But I want to shoot the lowest poundage I can and still make kill shots.

Good luck, let me know what you figure out with your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                            I was pretty upset that he ran through twice. You could tell he was having the time of his life. I've never shot a dog before, but after I found that doe he may be the first.

I've never seen him before or since. I'm wondering if he didn't belong to anyone in the area.

Don't shoot the dog, he would really make a great blood tracker..

Comment

My DL is 27.5 and at 55# my mathews shoots my 390ish grain arrow at 239 fps. That gives me roughtly 50 ft-lbs. If I was at 29" DL for my bow, I would be pushing 60 ft-lbs like yours. After my non-pass through, I did some research again on the reapers trying to find the specs on fpe requirements for the different heads. They say 65+ for the 2" but don't have alot to say for the rest. I finally found something on another board that suggested roughtly 50 fpe min for the 1 3/8" so I went ahead and changed to a fixed blade. I wish they would put this stuff on the back of the box. BTW, at 60 fpe, you would be well within margin for energy requirements using those broadheads.

Like you, I could crank up the bow, but I can shoot comfortably all day long at 55# and have not had a hard time at all drawing on an animal.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                              X