Cow problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cow problem

Ok guys I got a serious cow problem on my hunting land. I have feeder pens around all my feeders but the cows like to hangout around my spots. They have torn up 2 blinds and ruined the deer hunting. Had my shooter coming in Sunday morning till he seen the cows. Is there anything I can do to make them stay out of my spots without having to build a fence and really ruin the hunting?

Lease the grazing rights..lol

Sorry, not much you can do unless landowner lets u put a barb wire fence further out around your setup

Comment

Sling shot and rocks work good or Red Rider

Comment

Put a couple bales of hay out some distance from your feeders.

Comment

Bring some feed with you and feed them away from your spot before you go hunting

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Bring some feed with you and feed them away from your spot before you go hunting
            That's a good way to get them to start following you every time you go to your stand.

Comment

Cows....

Comment

Sling shot and a handful of rocks?

Comment

Had the same issue at my previous lease. The cows were almost as bad as the pigs at tearing my feeders up. I ended up putting feed on the road or a separate location to draw the cows and use them to cover my scent.

Anything I could do to use them to my advantage.

Comment

My father in law owns the land and let the neighbor put cows on our place due to no water (before all this rain). Talked to the cow guy and fil about it and he leased cow rights to him for the year. Not happy about it but I can’t do anything about it now. I’m thinking about stringing some barb wire about a 3-4 acre area around the set ups about waist high and use mesquite trees as the t-post. Has anyone tried that and would it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      Sling shot and rocks work good or Red Rider
                      This is what i do. Or use my dog to run them all off before the hunt. By run off i mean to the other side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by drenaline65 View Post
                        My father in law owns the land and let the neighbor put cows on our place due to no water (before all this rain). Talked to the cow guy and fil about it and he leased cow rights to him for the year. Not happy about it but I can’t do anything about it now. I’m thinking about stringing some barb wire about a 3-4 acre area around the set ups about waist high and use mesquite trees as the t-post. Has anyone tried that and would it work?
                        That would help. You will need at least 3 wires though. Are there any cross fences where you can close them off on weekends that you want to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by drenaline65 View Post
                          A single strand? Hot wire would probably work but good luck getting that to keep a cow out. Need minimum 3 strand, tight, and anchored well to keep all the cows I have ever dealt with out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bb-gun or sling shot just take your pick.

Comment

Shotgun with ice cream salt instead of Bb s works well. Just don't shoot them on the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X