X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YODER hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      I'd like to keep in under $2000. Anyone have a pitts & spitts?
      With that budget just get the Yoder and be done. Very heavy duty and no flimsy steel here. And did I mention it puts out some great table fare.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
        Yoder. Just did this brisket Saturday night. Feels like cheating when you wake up to see something like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don’t believe I’ve seen a better looking brisket!

Comment

Isnt the pitts and spitts closer to $3500? Im considering it for my current home build Im doing. Yoder is also in the running.

Comment

My wife has the treager and loves it. Everything has came out great except then beer can chicken. My friend has the Walmart pit boss and cheaper and not much difference. It's what you like. Ever notice that the one that someone owns it always the best. I like my old Webber smoker. Oh yeah it's the best. Lol.

Comment

Get the Yoder YS640 with the sear plates and the heat difusser with the accessdoor. You can cook so many more things with that set up than just smoke.
              Been very happy with the sear plates.

I’m not sure the Yoder will smoke and better than the thinner steel ones, but it will for sure last longer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just got my Rec Tec 700 delivered today, put it together in an hour, did the 400 degrees for 1 hour thing and threw on some quail, sausage and zucchini. Loving it. Held temp very well. Well made, solid and heavy. Really, really digging the WiFi with the iPhone app. Can’t imagine this thing not lasting 10 years or more.

Comment

Yoder

Comment

We've got some nice ones at the Academy where I work in Rockwall, they're probably going to go on sale in a while because of winter.

Comment

Can you control a Yoder with your phone?

Comment

Can you control a Yoder with your phone?
                        Not mine. Not sure if that’s an option or not. Pretty much set and forget.

Comment

Can you smoke sausage on any of these pellet grills? Or are they too hot for this? Saw some had the low temp setting of 180* and a “smoke” setting below that but it didn’t have a temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                            Get the Yoder YS640 with the sear plates and the heat difusser with the accessdoor. You can cook so many more things with that set up than just smoke.
                            Been very happy with the sear plates.

I’m not sure the Yoder will smoke and better than the thinner steel ones, but it will for sure last longer.
                            What’s with all of the wires? Seems a bit complicated?

Comment

We love our Rec Tec. Really dig the stainless steel. Yoder was out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                                Can you smoke sausage on any of these pellet grills? Or are they too hot for this? Saw some had the low temp setting of 180* and a “smoke” setting below that but it didn’t have a temp.
                                Not sure on cold smoking but doing a slight cook/smoke works well. We just made summer sausage out of my mule deer last week on my buddy’s Rec Tec and it turned out incredible. It makes it nice when you can go from quartering your deer to smoking the summer sausage same day. Can’t beat it!

Comment

Working...
                                X