No announcement yet.

F150 Start/Stop Technology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’d be convenient if you had to hit the button to enable the feature rather than disable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      If you want to disable it all you have to do is plug in a trailer adapter and it will think you have a trailer on. This will disable it.

This is the easiest solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane77624 View Post
        It’d be convenient if you had to hit the button to enable the feature rather than disable it.

I imagine you can make it work like this with a tuner. On my Mustang, the traction control drove me crazy because it defaulted on. A tuner made it default to off and come on when I pushed the button.

I’m looking at them also and don’t like this “feature”. I will probably plug in a trailer adapter so I don’t have to tune a brand new truck.

Comment

Reminds me of the new low flow toilets that were supposed to save water but everyone has to flush twice so they end up using MORE water than the old ones.

Comment

If you have the trailer plug connected the info panel says "Trailer detected " and asks you to push the "ok" button. If you have to push a button anyway why not just push the disable button? What am I missing?

Comment

Sport Mode will also disable the feature. I just try and remember to hit the button. The following YouTube link shows a one time fix solution. Just not ready to partially dissemble dash. Been reading about an app called Forscan that requires a obd connection.

Comment

I have it on my 2015 f150 and it doesn't bother me. I noticed minimal fuel mileage increase with it on but I do drive mainly highway miles so the feature is not used often. I turn it off when it stop and go traffic mainly because I just don't want the start having to work that much. I would imagine with more city driving it would be more beneficial.

Comment

have it on my 18 highlander,, i hate it,, stupid idea and no it does not save much gas and when it does stop the ac/ or fan is running on the battery,,,, i usually remember to turn it off after the first time it dies at a light

Comment

I have a 2017 150. The truck has a setting that will tell motor running hrs and idle hours. The first 10000 miles I kept the SS disabled. I had more than 10 per cent idle hours. I don't use drive-ins. In that time I also made several trips to the lease 4 hrs each way. Your engine idles far more than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                      If you have the trailer plug connected the info panel says "Trailer detected " and asks you to push the "ok" button. If you have to push a button anyway why not just push the disable button? What am I missing?
                      Well thats not cool. Didnt realize that. I hate all the buttons and sensors. Do I really need the truck to tell me it senses a trailer? Trust me, I know whether I hooked a trailer up or not.....even if I somehow forgot, as soon as I took off I would feel it.

Comment

I hate it, if you YouTube it, there’s several ways to disable it. Easiest is the trailer plug as mentioned.

Comment

I have it '17 F150. I hated it at 1st, but it doesn't bother me anymore. The shut-off can be controlled by how hard you push in the brake pedal. If you don't push it in hard, it won't shut off and doesn't shut off if the A/C, Heat, or defrost is cranking high. I have a couple long red lights that I go through daily and it doesn't bother me when it shuts off. I am concerned about the battery & starter life, but I'm getting 19-20 mpg with a 375hp truck, so I'll deal with it. You can delete it with forscan or a toggle switch.

Comment

Is this only on the 6-cyl? If that’s the case, just buy a truck with a full sized engine in it...problem solved.

Comment

I have it and I turn it off every time i get in the truck now. It actually caused a failure in my aux. transmission pump, which thankfully was under warranty at the time. This happens when its turning on and off a lot in traffic and the pump fails to release pressure in the transmission when the engine stops. Its an expensive fix and if you google it, you can see it happens a decent amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane77624 View Post
                                Is this only on the 6-cyl? If that’s the case, just buy a truck with a full sized engine in it...problem solved.

Not limited to the 6cyl eco. All 2018’s. I have the 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X