This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 College Football News and Discussion

Hopefully a little cooling off period will get this topic pointed back in the right direction. Let's keep this to legitimate news and discussion and leave the "peen measuring" out of it. If you prefer that, simply go back and re-read all the older threads.
    My Flickr Photos

Texas Spring Game is April 13th and I am really looking forward to seeing the new crop of talent take their spots. Herman has recruited at an elite level the last two years so I am interested in seeing how those guys fit in. I believe they redshirted every OL and DL freshman last year which is huge for the programs future. I love the new redshirt rule that allows players to play in up to 4 games. I think that is a game changer in college football.

Comment

The redshirt rule is one of the few things NCAA has got right!

Comment

Ags Spring game on the 13th as well.
        Excited to see some of the younger players like Corbin get some more time.

Also hoping to see continued improvement from Mond and hopefully he can keep the momentum of the last 4 games of the season going where he accounted for 14 tds (12 passing) vs 3 to's (2 picks and a fumble )

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Texas Spring Game is April 13th and I am really looking forward to seeing the new crop of talent take their spots. Herman has recruited at an elite level the last two years so I am interested in seeing how those guys fit in. I believe they redshirted every OL and DL freshman last year which is huge for the programs future. I love the new redshirt rule that allows players to play in up to 4 games. I think that is a game changer in college football.
          Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          I agree! I think it will have an even bigger impact as coaches learn how to best utilize the four games for each player.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Whats your insight on the Frogs? My thoughts are defense should be stout and the offense outside of the QB position is improved. I don't think Rogers is going to play again. Unfortunate because of the talent he has. I'm hoping Duggan kid can step up as a true freshman.

Comment

While I generally turn on the Aggie and Horn spring games, must admit that I loose interest pretty quickly...maybe this year will be different. I think that Jimbo has done an excellent job of recruiting for his needs and Herman an excellent job of grabbing up a lot of skill players. Time will tell.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Whats your insight on the Frogs? My thoughts are defense should be stout and the offense outside of the QB position is improved. I don't think Rogers is going to play again. Unfortunate because of the talent he has. I'm hoping Duggan kid can step up as a true freshman.
                Defense should be at or near the top of the conference again as long as some of the new DE's step up. They will be bigger and more athletic in the back 7(especially back 5). Blacklock and Bethley will anchor the DL.

OL should be vastly improved with pretty much everyone returning. RB stable is loaded. Need one more WR to step up to compliment Reagor.

QB is the big question mark. I do think Rogers will play again, but probably be one more year before he's ready and fully recovered. I think QB will likely be Collins and Delton unless Duggan goes nuts in the Spring. It will just depend on how quickly he can adjust to the college game, but his tools are really good!(4.5 runner)

I'd expect it to be more of a run heavy offense this season closer to what we saw the last 3 or 4 games of the season. I also feel it's a make or break type year for Cumbie as far as his future goes with the program.

This is the 'bad year' schedule as far as travel/road games.

Barring any major injury and even serviceable QB play I'm guessing a 9-3 type year.....
                Last edited by eradicator; 02-14-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

FL keeping their DC.

Can the Aggies keep theirs?

“Todd Grantham has decided to remain at Florida as defensive coordinator after mulling over a multimillion-dollar offer to become the Cincinnati Bengals' defensive coordinator, sources confirmed to ESPN.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The spring games will be interesting, maybe more for what happens off the field than on. With the Ags, Horns and Sooners spring games all being on the same day, getting a recruit to your spring game will result in some heated recruiting battles to get kids to attend.

Comment

Defense should be at or near the top of the conference again as long as some of the new DE's step up. They will be bigger and more athletic in the back 7(especially back 5). Blacklock and Bethley will anchor the DL.

OL should be vastly improved with pretty much everyone returning. RB stable is loaded. Need one more WR to step up to compliment Reagor.

QB is the big question mark. I do think Rogers will play again, but probably be one more year before he's ready and fully recovered. I think QB will likely be Collins and Delton unless Duggan goes nuts in the Spring. It will just depend on how quickly he can adjust to the college game, but his tools are really good!(4.5 runner)

I'd expect it to be more of a run heavy offense this season closer to what we saw the last 3 or 4 games of the season. I also feel it's a make or break type year for Cumbie as far as his future goes with the program.

This is the 'bad year' schedule as far as travel/road games.

Barring any major injury and even serviceable QB play I'm guessing a 9-3 type year.....

I agree with Cumbie. He has been disappointing the last couple of yrs.

Comment

Huge Junior Day this weekend for Texas.

Texas Spring game Is in a prime time slot and should pull a ton of kids.

The OL is getting a lot of attention from JUCO and Grad Transfers.

Zero staff departures.

No significant losses to attrition outside of Seniors and LJH, Rising transferring to Utah and Shane Grad transfering to SMU.

Solid Second year!

In other news and since it pertains to our main rival:

Former Texas commit whom flipped a few weeks later, Freshmen DL Ron Tatum is leaving OU. They lost another DL but he decided to serve our country.

I'll be at Nanza for the first time this year, hope to see some of you knuckleheads there! Hagen and I are headed to Austin for a little Friday night Texas/LSU baseball and then we're going to mosey over to Cstat Saturday morning.
                        Last edited by Chad C; 02-14-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Texas born and raised now live in Oregon, Hook'em horns. The big news here in Oregon the ducks are firing/going different direction of D-Coord.

Comment

Here's to good springs for all Texas teams. Let's kick everybodies asses next fall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it really matter. Clemson vs Alabama in 2020 national championship game

Comment

Working...
                              X