No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert A pm maybe best ?? your call but I own a 6.5 Cm now and the 25 has my attention . But not shot it and really other than what I read no hands on at all

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      Robert A pm maybe best ?? your call but I own a 6.5 Cm now and the 25 has my attention . But not shot it and really other than what I read no hands on at all
      My mistake...... I read through too quick and thought I was being asked about a 22CM, not a 25. I do not have a 25 CM reamer on hand. I am on the fence about ordering one, but am intrigued by the idea for sure. The minute someone says "build me one" I'll have a defensible excuse to make that call

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        My mistake...... I read through too quick and thought I was being asked about a 22CM, not a 25. I do not have a 25 CM reamer on hand. I am on the fence about ordering one, but am intrigued by the idea for sure. The minute someone says "build me one" I'll have a defensible excuse to make that call

PM sent

Comment

I'm thinking about it, hence my last post.

Comment

Most likely going to go with the ultralight option but still undecided on the caliber. I have a 6.5 CM from the last build that works great for Most of my hunting but really want something light for when backpack hunting. Need a caliber that would be good for elk and would prefer to have extended capable range for hunting. The biggest limitation would be that I do not currently reload. I have reduced my list to about 5 options. 300wm, 300wsm, 7mm-08, and 7mm RM. I think right now I am leaning toward the 7mm options but still very undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              Most likely going to go with the ultralight option but still undecided on the caliber. I have a 6.5 CM from the last build that works great for Most of my hunting but really want something light for when backpack hunting. Need a caliber that would be good for elk and would prefer to have extended capable range for hunting. The biggest limitation would be that I do not currently reload. I have reduced my list to about 5 options. 300wm, 300wsm, 7mm-08, and 7mm RM. I think right now I am leaning toward the 7mm options but still very undecided.
              7mm Rem Mag is where I would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                What are the advantages of the 25 Creed over the 250 AI? I had been leaning towards the 250 AI, but now I’m intrigued by the 25 creed. Too many dang decisions.

Comment

Have you considered the 280 AI?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                    Have you considered the 280 AI?
                    I don't know much about 280AI. Didn't know if there was much for factory ammo available for it.

Comment

I don't know much about 280AI. Didn't know if there was much for factory ammo available for it.

I know there is some factory ammo. But I know you get the full potential of it with hand loads.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                        Probably the highest on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post

Agreed. Since you already have a 6.5cm from the last build I wouldn't get a 7-08 they are about equal, out of the others I would definitely get the 7rm. Great long range round, excellent for anything from deer to elk, and you can get ammo everywhere.

Comment

I've been getting tons of PM's on the Leupold deal so to make things a little easier I'll post the prices, PM me is you still want his number to order. The guy I know, not personally but thru Facebook, has the following prices:
                            VX5HD 3-15x56 = $975
                            VX6HD 3-18x44 = $1,000
                            VX6HD 3-18x50 = $1350
                            These are all firedot reticle and shipped to your door.

I really wanted the 3-18x50 so I did some checking around and optics planet has them all on sale as well if you get the firedot reticle. Plus today until midnight they have an extra 10% off if you use the code NEWYR19 which brings the optic planet prices down to
                            VX5HD 3-15x56 = $971.99
                            VX6HD 3-18x44 = $1,142.99
                            VX6HD 3-18x50 = $1,224.89
                            These are also all firedot reticle and free shipping.

Just trying to help y'all out with a little savings on your scopes.

I ordered the 3-18x50 thru optics planet

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              Got to talk to Robert on the phone today and he took the time to answer all my questions and gave me some great suggestions!

Thank you Robert!

Believe I'll be going with Tier 2
                              7-08AI
                              20" barrel
                              1:9 twist

Now just gotta figure out colors and make a final decision on scope. Pretty sure I'm going to go with Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 with firedot reticle. I have a connection to get these at an AMAZING price. If anyone else is thinking about this scope PM me and I will give you his info.

Sure hope we can order sooon so life doesn't happen and use up my rat hole money!
                              PM sent on Leupold deal

Comment

make a lever action

Comment

Working...
                                X