Elk 2019 BH| Dropping Rage Hypodermics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk 2019 BH| Dropping Rage Hypodermics

After 2 years in the hills I’m gonna drop the Rage Hypodermics. Had them kick open 1 too many times while spot and stock the majestic antlers in the high country. Looking at:
    -Muzzy Phantom
    -Slick Trick Magnum
    -G5 Striker

I’ve had hog success with these 3.
    These are kinda old school but works. Anything new I should consider?

I’m 1 for 1 with Slick Trick Mags. No reason to change after a full pass through and dead bull elk 80yards away.

Comment

I vote for slick trick standards. When old owl was still alive and in charge of slick tricks he recommended the standards to me over the magnums. He said the magnums were for whitetails and were not as good of choice for elk due to the steeper blade angle.

I've shot 4 elk with standards, all passthroughs, from 20-50 yards.

Comment

X3 on the Slick Tricks

Comment

I’m either going with Magnus Black hornets or Muzzy trocars.

Comment

Qad exodus fly really well for me. I’m going to try the ozcut hurricane on some pigs and if they penetrate well they will be in my quiver for elk.

Comment

I ordered some magnus and qad exodus yesterday to try out . Tried ot order some 2 blade ozcut but they were out of stock.. I'm leery of any vented broadheads because the last 2 I tried were loud.. I've had good luck with the Wackem xls . I've shot quite a few deer and pigs with them..

Comment

Following this thread. Going on my first Elk bow hunt in August. Shooting Exodus Full 100 grain for whitetail. No issues. But I’m thinking of 125 grain Exodus Swept for this trip.
                Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
                  Following this thread. Going on my first Elk bow hunt in August. Shooting Exodus Full 100 grain for whitetail. No issues. But I’m thinking of 125 grain Exodus Swept for this trip.
                  Thoughts?

Just stick with the 100’s

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
                    Thoughts?

Exodus 100 gr. swept is what is always in my quiver. They've taken my last 4 elk and none of them have gone further than 50 yards after the shot.

Comment

Old school is best. This year I will be hunting with the 200gr maasia from grizzlystik

Comment

I've killed elk with the ST standards and G5 strikers, both good heads. IMO

Comment

Going Shoot Both Magnus Stinger 4 blade and The Hypodermic +p this yr. Use the Hypo's for sitting water holes and Stingers for Stalking and Calling. good luck on what ever you decide on

Comment

I've always shot the hypodermics, just switching to fixed blades G5, lets see how they fly this season!

Comment

I’m switching from Rage Trypans to 100gr Kudu heads. The plastic rage collars just aren’t what I want to worry about when I pull an arrow out of the quiver. I had too many broadheads already deployed last year, and switching collars every shot when broadhead tuning is a pain

Comment

Working...
                              X