Lake Somerville fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Somerville fishing?

Taking my youngins up for a weekend of camping/ fishing with my transcat in tow. I’m pretty familiar with the lake but haven’t fished it since last June. Any of y’all catching much? Have any advice? Just wanna get something to give the boys a little tug on the line! Thanks for any replies!

My buddy tore up the white bass this past week. Not to sure what part of the lake. From the looks of the pictures on Facebook looks like the hump at Rocky. Suppose to go out tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
      My buddy tore up the white bass this past week. Not to sure what part of the lake. From the looks of the pictures on Facebook looks like the hump at Rocky. Suppose to go out tomorrow morning.
      Well we will be out in the morning as well. We’re staying at a tent site right by the ramp at rocky creek. If all else fails I’m sure I can catch whites trolling and dropping slabs at the dam. Really wanna get the boys on some catfish though.

Comment

1st ramp or the one on the point? Seine for glass minnows. Them white bass love glass minnows over shad. At least in my experience. We will be the 2 fat guys and 1 skinny guy in a white center console boat trolling. Prolly won't start till 10. Where do you hunt in Colorado County? We are down 806 three miles from Columbus.

Comment

interesting thread,sub'd

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
            1st ramp or the one on the point? Seine for glass minnows. Them white bass love glass minnows over shad. At least in my experience. We will be the 2 fat guys and 1 skinny guy in a white center console boat trolling. Prolly won't start till 10. Where do you hunt in Colorado County? We are down 806 three miles from Columbus.
            1st ramp. I’ll be the only guy in the lake with a raised console cat hull bay boat yelling at kids! Lol. I hunt off dugens mill road, north side of the county in frelsburg.

Comment

I second the ghost minnows for white bass.

Comment

Trolled most of the lake. Two sand bass and a large mouth. Caught by the skinny guy

Comment

Working...
                X