How does the 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor compare and recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor compare and recoil

Was pretty much set on the 6.5 Grendel for the kids rifle but with the deal on the Creedmoor might go that route if the recoil is about the same

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I bet it quite a bit more but maybe put a break on it? IMO my 270 bolt action with a break on it kicks the same as my 6.5 grendel in an AR platform but maybe I am delusional.

Comment

Creedmoor thumps harder than the Grendel and the creemoor I shot was a RPR which is pretty heavy.

Comment

243 vs 300mag

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          Was pretty much set on the 6.5 Grendel for the kids rifle but with the deal on the Creedmoor might go that route if the recoil is about the same

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          The gun I posted is heavyyyyy. They do have 25% off the axis and $100 rebate also. It would be well under $200 after rebate, and they have It in 6.5 also. I beieve they were $299 plus 25% off and then your $100 rebate.

Comment

Noticeably less recoil from the Grendel, even if shooting the same weight bullets. More powder more velocity = more recoil. Put that Grendel in an AR and it gets more if a difference in with the gas system reduction. In my 9lb pound Grendel AR without any muzzle device I can watch the bullet hit with the scope set at 10X. Little info from recoil calculator. can push the Creedmoor a bit htter for more velocity but figure a good comparison

Recoil Grendel 8lb rifle

Grendel 7lb rifle

Creedmoor with same 130gr bullet 8lb rifle

Comment

My Grendel AR the platform with a suppressor.......The recoil is so small I can watch the bullet hit in the crosshairs!!!!!!!

See the pink mist baby!!!!!!!!

Comment

My 6.5 Grendel AR with a muzzle brake has almost no recoil. It's like shooting a .22lr

Comment

Shot my Grendel AR today and the recoil is extremely minimal with a nice break on it. I've only shot Creedmoors without breaks and the recoil isn't bad (maybe like a .243?), but that being said it seems like the Grendel is noticeably less.

Comment

The examples I gave above are for bolt actions

With the rifles the same weight a Grendel recoils about 30% less than a Creedmoor
                    With the Grendel rifle weighing a pound less than the creedmoor the Grendel is has about 25% less recoil. That is more of a real world scenario since the factory Grendel bolt actions will finish off about a pound less than a Creedmoor.

In an AR the Grendel is not that much more than a 223 in recoil

Comment

I may be partial but I say go with the Grendel

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        243 vs 300mag
                        LOL

For a grownup they're both negligible, but yeah for kids I'd go Grendel.

Comment

I know I am partial to the Grendel, what's not to like, accurate, low recoil, efficient, easy to shoot with enough energy for anything in Texas except a few big exotics. I have killed deer with 35 different cartridges and none really killed them any better than the Grendel.

After getting a :custom: bolt action built a few years ago (before there were any factory options), that is all I have hunted with. Thinking about making a lot of room in the safe selling off some other than a couple big guns incase of doing another elk hunt and the family guns that are in there and a few small caliber guns.

Comment

Kmon is spot on.

The difference will be noticeable for a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

6.5 Grendel all the way

Comment

Working...
                              X