Question about My taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about My taxidermist

Ok first off I must say I love the work he does and he is a great guy.

But I do get a little upset when promised something and it is not delivered.

We went to Diamond C and shot a oryx and a axis in June 2010. We dropped off both for him. My oryx cape was bad he said he would find me one, but never did, so I found my own after 10 months of him dragging his feet. No biggy but still a broken promise after giving him 10 months to find one.

We go hunting for aoudad in Jan 2011, shoot 2 sheep, deliver to him. He ask what we want done first. We say the sheep. Now its June and no sheep, no oryx, no axis. So here we are 15 months later and nothing!

I call him today, and he gives me attitude, saying we wanted the sheep done first. I tell him yes that is what I said, but I didn't know it would take an additional 8 months to get them done. I figured he would just put them in the place of the axis that was given to him 7 months prior. Not put them all on the back of the line to get done.

Its always been this way this guy giving us BS dates on when we can get our critters. I don't see how some one can remain in business if they don't produce when they say they will. I know I sure as heck couldn't.

I give this guy tons of business. He mounts my ducks, fish, whitetail, muleys, in the past and he could have mounted axis, oryx, aoudad, plus my elk I'm shooting in Utah in September if he would hurry up! But its always been the same deal every time. Always over promising and underdelivering getting my stuff way past his own set deadline, which he always says he will get them done in under 6 months, yet here we are 15 months later and not another critter hanging on my wall!!!

What would yall do? Or are taxidermist the only people out there that don't have to abide to what they say and can give ya your product when ever they want just cause they are artist???

There's plenty of 'em out there just go get another one!

Comment

Find a new taxi he obviously doesn't care about your business even though you're such a loyal client

Comment

taken as a whole, they are not a very dependable bunch.
        I have had more disapointment out of them than any other group I can think of and have lost thousands of dollars to them

Comment

Originally posted by big 8 View Post
          There's plenty of 'em out there just go get another one!
          If it is bad you could always find another taxi for next time, however it may be possible he is backed up with work or he misunderstood something. If he has a lot of work he could be overwhelmed, hence the reason he wasn't able to find a better cape.
          Last edited by Loreva13; 08-04-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Check out Dave Dooley in Rockwall. His turnaround his great IMO.

Comment

Time to start looking

Comment

The Taxidermist Shops I've worked at kind of had the squeaky wheel policy when it came to customers and their mounts, but regardless most mounts were finished within a year. Your situation doesn't sound acceptable.

Comment

Next!

Comment

Same thing has happened to me and I switched. No need to worry about someones inability to keep their word or just plain put you at the back of the line whenever someone else comes in. I would go get all my stuff, pay him if anything is owed and find someone else.

Comment

Cheap is never on time or cheap.............I see folks whine about a taxi all the time on this site, it gauls me that anyone would spend so much money on a hunt and then go "skinney" on a mount, just sayin' boys, go with a professional. Pay for the best and wait for the work to be done right.

Comment

If unhappy with a device, go elsewhere.

Comment

I would go ask him to show you the state of each piece you have with him. The possible reason he is shoving your work back is because he knows you will always come back in with work. Anything more than a year should be stated upfront.

Friend or no friend, I'd pull chocks and find another. Too old for Drama and I am not that old!

Comment

at least you know (or should know ) what to expect by now.

taxidermist time = regular time x 3.

(with apologies to the good guys - Rooster, Chance, oneforthewall......)

Comment

I have not had many mounts done. But, the guy I have used many times and really liked, loved to BS, fish, hunt etc......... So, he had many other things to do and seemed to dread having to start his taxidermy work. He always seemed to have a lot of business, too much if you asked him. Find someone else, if not satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                              X