I wonder where she is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
    I couldn’t believe how much he had given of himself to people he had never met.
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard this put better. The job of a first responder comes at a very high cost. Thank you for your service sir!

Comment

I'm about half way to my 25, will be too young to retire then. Hoping I can make 30 years.

This job changes you for sure. Some of the sights, smells, and sounds you will never forget.

AND.....how does a rookie call in sick when in training......
      Last edited by mww982; 11-05-2018, 03:40 AM.

Comment

To all the LEO's out there doing there jobs, we tend to forget what you go through to protect us and those to young to protect themselves. Thank you for what you do.

Comment

That is a tough read. Thanks for what you do!

Comment

Brother you just gave me chills.

I too was a first responder in my past life. Seen similar scenarios. hits way too close to home.

The memories and visual impacts never go away.

Prayers and god bless.

Comment

That's heavy stuff brother.. You gave her a fighting chance.. Did you ever find the worthless parents?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                I’m 48 years old. Until a few months ago, I had never thanked a cop for what they do...cuz I didn’t know and I’d never thought about it or considered how much of themselves they sacrifice. I recently caught up with a high school buddy who is now a retired detective out of Weatherford. Hadn’t seen him in 28 years. He shared some of his stories and said that he will never forget the faces of the kids. He said he sees them when he closes his eyes at night...I had no idea. You don’t know what you don’t know. I couldn’t believe how much he had given of himself to people he had never met. It really put things into perspective for me. Thank y’all for what you do. I didn’t know, I’m sorry for not knowing...but I’m now grateful and appreciative.
                Thank you for the very thoughtful post. It is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. And thanks for indulging my latest "therapy session".

The report would have probably been forwarded to Child Abuse Unit and like I said, I meant to follow up but we were runnin' and gunnin' back then. Lots of calls and trying to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                    I'm about half way to my 25, will be too young to retire then. Hoping I can make 30 years.

This job changes you for sure. Some of the sights, smells, and sounds you will never forget.

AND.....how does a rookie call in sick when in training......

You mean,, like transmission fluid, anti freeze, blood and other body parts... all combined?

I will never forget my first head on, with multiple fatalities

I have three scenes that still haunt me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sad story and all too common unfortunately...we see a lot of it in our schools dealing with neglected children, parents who don't give a rats ***, and drugs taking over the lives of young ones who will someday do the same things to THEIR children that their parents do to them...thank you for your service to our communities!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        My 71 year old sister adopted her deceased husbands great grandkids that were 9 and 11 because their mom and grandmother are in and out of jail cause they are meth heads. How can anyone do that to their kids and grandchildren is beyond me. Children's mother dropped her kids off at my sisters at Christmas and never came back to get them. Marijuana, meth and drug use has destroyed many of families and peoples lives.
                        Guns don't forget guns. They've killed more people, than all the drugs put together, ever thought about!!!!!! And we have conservatives fighting to keep the 2nd ammendment strong!!! Bad bad bad
                        Tough story Chew. Reminds me of the movie Trainspotting.
                        People no longer have the common sense, to govern their lives as they should, or keep the best interests of their children at the forefront.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Guns don't forget guns. They've killed more people, than all the drugs put together, ever thought about!!!!!! And we have conservatives fighting to keep the 2nd ammendment strong!!! Bad bad bad
                          Tough story Chew. Reminds me of the movie Trainspotting.
                          People no longer have the common sense, to govern their lives as they should, or keep the best interests of their children at the forefront.
                          Hope that is sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a burden you bare by choosing your profession. We are fortunate to have people such as you who choose to do the job. Thank you for serving our community Chew.

Comment

Don't turn this into a political BS post, from either side.

If you can't help but type some stupid political crap, then type it and don't click the "post button", or just hit backspace until it's all gone and whisper a prayer for the folks that have stories like this. For the love of God...

Chew, your post made it mighty hard to finish my lunch with a lump in my throat. Thanks for your service, as well as all you other first responders.

Comment

Nothing but respect for you (and all LE), Chew. Thanks for your service and thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X