Thieves....security systems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thieves....security systems??

They tried to get me last night......again!!!!

So here is the question, is there and do any of you have any experience with security systems that will,
    1- Link to your phone to alert you in the middle of the night that someone is messing with your belongings.
    2- Provide pics or video for evidence
    3- Be mobile so you can locate to monitor an area that is only there once in a while....like a camper parked outside the house or trailer parked in the street in front of your house?

Thanks.

I have the 5 camera system from Amazon Blink. It is wireless so the install was really easy. 10 minutes or so to get it all up and running. It will send your phone an alert if there is motion and it will record a video. I'm really liking it so far.

Comment

I have the blink also and it sounds like it’ll do everything you are asking.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look at it.

Comment

As long as you have good WiFi you should be solid.

Comment

Motion Sensors

So we have some young thugs that occasionally walk thru the neighborhood stealing from cars. I figured I would try these from Northern tool. They have been effective and have worked well. Batteries last about six months. It sets off an alarm inside the house when motion is detected. Each "Sensor" will have a different quantity of beeps, so you know where the activity is detected. You can place up to four sensors on a base station. I did have to to place the "base station" in a room closer to the sensors. You need to read the directions. The base station needs to recognize the sensors prior to setting them out. The "sensors" take double AA batteries. The base station can run off 120 volt power or AA batteries. I put a little silicone sealant around the exterior of the "sensors" to make them a little more water resistant. I just turn the base station on at night.

If I leave it on during the day it always alerts me before someone knocks at the front door. The wife generally turns it off as she gets tired of me triggering the sensors all around the house while I am out working in the yard.

Comment

I have ring cameras. Work go me and can up load to cloud....and be forwarded to the LEO

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                So we have some young thugs that occasionally walk thru the neighborhood stealing from cars. I figured I would try these from Northern tool. They have been effective and have worked well. Batteries last about six months. It sets off an alarm inside the house when motion is detected. Each "Sensor" will have a different quantity of beeps, so you know where the activity is detected. You can place up to four sensors on a base station. I did have to to place the "base station" in a room closer to the sensors. You need to read the directions. The base station needs to recognize the sensors prior to setting them out. The "sensors" take double AA batteries. The base station can run off 120 volt power or AA batteries. I put a little silicone sealant around the exterior of the "sensors" to make them a little more water resistant. I just turn the base station on at night.

If I leave it on during the day it always alerts me before someone knocks at the front door. The wife generally turns it off as she gets tired of me triggering the sensors all around the house while I am out working in the yard.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...5518_200415518
                How many sensors are you running and how far are they from the base??

Comment

You can only put four of these sensors on a base station. I have three sensors operating at the house. Front door/driveway & the two side gates. The base unit is about 70 feet from the furthest sensor. There is no video however.

I actually bought an extra base unit and two extra sensors to play with around my pop-up blind to see how it works on trails around me (you can adjust the volume on the base unit) but I have not installed them in the field yet as I just changed deer leases.

The Blink System referenced above looks like a really good system.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                    You can only put four of these sensors on a base station. I have three sensors operating at the house. Front door/driveway & the two side gates. The base unit is about 70 feet from the furthest sensor. There is no video however.

I actually bought an extra base unit and two extra sensors to play with around my pop-up blind to see how it works on trails around me (you can adjust the volume on the base unit) but I have not installed them in the field yet as I just changed deer leases.

The Blink System referenced above looks like a really good system.
                    The system should work well for detecting deer out on trails if it works well around the house... FYI the audio signal sent to the base speaker can be made into a light turning on with little tinkering...

Comment

Working...
                    X