Screened in porch ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screened in porch ideas

Looking for ideas and tips on a screened in porch. Who has them? I have a 30 x 10 back porch at our ranch house and want to screen in all or part of it. Is it better to do removable panels? How easy is it to clean?

And install tips or suppliers are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have a screened in porch with removable panels. Makes it easy to service if need be.

Comment

We used the screen tight system at my mom's place since it was the one approved by the HOA. Pretty painless to install and looked good being one large screen. Clean off by hosing no problems. Only issue is if you get some debris inside the enclosed area it's best to sweep or vacuum since there will be a lip at the base. She had an elevated deck so there was no lip since it was all face mounted. The issue there was debris could get lodged between the edge of the deck and the screen.

https://www.screentight.com/screenin.../screen-tight/

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
        We used the screen tight system at my mom's place since it was the one approved by the HOA. Pretty painless to install and looked good being one large screen. Clean off by hosing no problems. Only issue is if you get some debris inside the enclosed area it's best to sweep or vacuum since there will be a lip at the base. She had an elevated deck so there was no lip since it was all face mounted. The issue there was debris could get lodged between the edge of the deck and the screen.

https://www.screentight.com/screenin.../screen-tight/
        This is great! What is the widest screen you could install using this? Also their site mentions "eliminating ballisters". Wondering if you could get by with just a handrail. Not sure what code is but my 6 year old is a little clumsy...

Comment

Not sure. They have a layout calculator on their website. My moms patio was 10x15 so the widest screen there was 15 feet as it was one continuous screen from corner post to corner post.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            This is great! What is the widest screen you could install using this? Also their site mentions "eliminating ballisters". Wondering if you could get by with just a handrail. Not sure what code is but my 6 year old is a little clumsy...

Her balusters (pickets) were narrower than the railing so it didn't matter to leave them and by code we had to. There was just a little gap between them and the screen but it didn't mean anything.

Comment

Working...
            X