No announcement yet.

Let's See your Wood Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a remote switch for my dust collector! I highly recommend it! Best $9 i have spent in awhile. Its really nice to be able to turn the saw and dust collector on without having to walk over there.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
      I picked up a remote switch for my dust collector! I highly recommend it! Best $9 i have spent in awhile. Its really nice to be able to turn the saw and dust collector on without having to walk over there.

https://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555WD...=remote+switch
      Not sure if you're showing off your ingenuity, or your laziness!

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555WD...=remote+switch
        Yep. I have the same one. Best $10 I've spent in while

Comment

any suggestions on a woodworking vise?

I want to add one to end of the new bench.

Comment

That looks good! I need something like that.
            Here's the link to the plans I used. I only used 2 cross bars instead of their 3

Paint Cans

any suggestions on a woodworking vise?

I want to add one to end of the new bench.

I like the way this one is set up

Leg vise

Comment

Anyone have wall mounted shelving units?

Looked at the gladiator brand at Lowes they seemed to be built ok.

Comment

More shop piddling...

yes, I'm OCD

Decided I liked being able to swap blades without having to disassemble the MDF top or flip it upside down, which meant having to remove the saw from the rolling stand (which also became a pain in the rear). As I do most plywood breakdown with my DIY track saw guide, I decided instead of more width, what I really wanted was out feed, and better cross cut ability.

Measure, test fit, leveled & measured some more and came up with a very solid means of mounting it to my 300# table. Added a few slots, redesigned the T-track guide for my fence. In the end I got the table top back and can still use the much improved fence I built a month or so ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180218_145217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	24530944

Name:	20180219_155855.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	24530945

Name:	20180219_155901.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	24530946

Also made a split dust collector hose for the sander.

Name:	20180219_155847.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	24530947
                Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 02-19-2018, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a recomendation on good router bits? I am currently looking at some grizzly bits. Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                    Does anyone have a recomendation on good router bits? I am currently looking at some grizzly bits. Thoughts??
                    I personally like the Demon bits. They can be a bit on the expensive side though. Try Ryobi if you're into cauterizing your woodwork

Comment

I’m in the same camp. Almost started a thread on it the other day. I need some. I bought a few that were on sale at Home Depot the other day. Figured I’d go cheap to figure how to use the thing first.
                      Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      I personally like the Demon bits. They can be a bit on the expensive side though. Try Ryobi if you're into cauterizing your woodwork

You mean the diablo ones? I bought a flush cut one the other day and about had a stroke. Dang thing was $22.

Comment

I haven't found any router bits that last a LONG time. Just like a saw blade, they get dull ... some quicker than others. Most of mine are Freud or Rockler. If you go the expensive route, like Whiteside or Amana, there are places that you can mail them, and have them resharpened. I always need a new one at the last minute, so I end up buying locally, which are the cheaper ones. I bet I have a few thousand dollars worth of dull router bits in my router table.

Comment

I like CMT bits been good to me so far I use a 1/4 in side cutting bit to "dado" cuts that have a curve to them takes 3 passes to inset a 1x but beats trying to carve it by hand

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Comment

It is coming along. We have a little more work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                                I’m in the same camp. Almost started a thread on it the other day. I need some. I bought a few that were on sale at Home Depot the other day. Figured I’d go cheap to figure how to use the thing first.

You mean the diablo ones? I bought a flush cut one the other day and about had a stroke. Dang thing was $22.
                                Si Diablo.

Comment

Working...
                                X