Krivoman blind setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
    Awesome! The vent helps a bunch when it's hot. I believe I got them from this site.

I got ones that have a hole in the middle so I could tie a string to it and have the other end outside the window. It it falls, the string doesn't let it go too far. I got the magnets with close to 100lb holding weight. I have two on the camera arm and one on the string. Don't let the one on the string touch the others. It is VERY hard to get them apart. They have so much pull they can hold the ozonics through your hand.

Here is the camera arm on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001D...8nL&ref=plSrch
    Bobby do you remember what size magnets they were. My thought is it get two magnets bond one to a piece of 2x4 and screw the tree screw to the 2x4. I already have the tree screw, extension arm and ez mount for my ozonics. Same way you did with just a different mounting system.

Comment

Originally posted by byrne361 View Post
      Bobby do you remember what size magnets they were. My thought is it get two magnets bond one to a piece of 2x4 and screw the tree screw to the 2x4. I already have the tree screw, extension arm and ez mount for my ozonics. Same way you did with just a different mounting system.
      I got ones very similar to this. I bought from several different sites until I found the ones that had enough holding weight. This one might be Overkill if you are letting the magnets actually touch one another. You can probably get away with something a little less powerful maybe a 40 or 50 pound holding weight if the magnets are going to get to touch one another. Mine had to hold the Ozonics up through the thickness of the wall on the krivoman blind.

I think the site I may have listed in my original post maybe the wrong website. There is one website that has the same magnets as the others and is much less expensive. This link is to the vendor that has the most options for magnets but is not the cheapest.

Comment

I also wrap my magnets in electrical tape. They are so powerful when they touch one another they will chip if you are not careful. They're kind of dangerous LOL

Comment

I like your set up! So you face it out the vent when the wind is in your face? Also, does it hold position well?
          Yes, I normally have the wind in my face and Ozonics pointed out the vent.

It doesn't budge once you get it set up and tightened down.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Yes, I normally have the wind in my face and Ozonics pointed out the vent.

It doesn't budge once you get it set up and tightened down.
            Does the ozone leave the blind out of the vent or does it drop down and you smell it? Sorry, just curious.

Comment

No smell, it gets pulled out with the breeze.

Comment

I have the four window blinds and only usually open two max. I would think majority of the ozone gets pulled out the vents anyway. Especially if it is coming from anywhere in front of you.

Comment

That's a cool invention Roysmoke has, but honestly I'd just sit it on the roof and turn it on low. Use a mouse pad under it to absorb vibration. The ozone is heavier than air and just cascades over the sides of the blind. I would aim it generally downwind, but if the wind switches, don't worry about it or get out of the blind to change it. The fan on the ozonics is weak compared to the wind. So the ozone automatically goes with the wind, as does your scent. So the ozone, being heavier, will fall down and intercept your scent no matter which window your scent is coming from, which direction the wind is blowing or which direction you have the ozonics aimed. I've done it that way on plastic blinds (Blind Turtle) for years. Did the same thing with the Krivoman blind when I had a chance to hunt out of one and killed the buck in my avatar. Also I never have to smell the ozone.
                  Last edited by Snakelover; 03-20-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I have the four window blinds and only usually open two max. I would think majority of the ozone gets pulled out the vents anyway. Especially if it is coming from anywhere in front of you.
                    You are probably right. I am a little neurotic about being in a semi closed blind with ozone. I just open my shooting window and have the Ozonics pointed directly downwind. I personally don't like to inhale the ozone in a blind like a Krivoman that is pretty airtight. That is why I abandoned using a tripod and made something that would spit it directly out the window. I think the mount would also work for holding your video camera without having a tripod in the way of your feet.

Comment

You are probably right. I am a little neurotic about being in a semi closed blind with ozone. I just open my shooting window and have the Ozonics pointed directly downwind. I personally don't like to inhale the ozone in a blind like a Krivoman that is pretty airtight. That is why I abandoned using a tripod and made something that would spit it directly out the window. I think the mount would also work for holding your video camera without having a tripod in the way of your feet.
                      a little neurotic?????? understatement of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        LOL how dare you Mitch!

Comment

I quit posting here and just lurk but had to jump in. I dont care about Ozonics but I am here to tell you that his blinds are awesome. Killed the guy here this season - walked out beside me at 10 yards. I had to let him get out a little further before I shot because he was too close. This blind blacks out the hunter and I had 10-15 deer in front of me at times with my 8 year old grand daughters sitting with me and the deer had no idea I was there. Awesome blind
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by TKK; 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            TRUE! Thats kinda like being a little pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                              I quit posting here and just lurk but had to jump in. I dont care about Ozonics but I am here to tell you that his blinds are awesome. Killed the guy here this season - walked out beside me at 10 yards. I had to let him get out a little further before I shot because he was too close. This blind blacks out the hunter and I had 10-15 deer in front of me at times with my 8 year old grand daughters sitting with me and the deer had no idea I was there. Awesome blind
                              Helluva buck! Congrats on a great buck. You speak the truth! Can't wait to hunt out of my new Krivoman blind this year.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                                thanks. I really appreciate it. man oh man is that a giant. congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X