Brux vs Bartlein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brux vs Bartlein

Im going to re-barrel a rifle in 264 win mag, and was wondering if there’s any preference for a Bartlein vs Brux barrel? Going with a 3B/#5 respectively and a 1/8 twist for 140gr bullets.

Have several Bartlein but never tried a Brux. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Personal preference. Both are quality. I like 3 groove barrels like Lilja only because I’ve used more of them. Both are a great choice.

Comment

No info on those but I chose the Hart barrel for my build.

Comment

I like Bartlein's rifling process (cut vs buttoned) but in reality any of those will outshoot me.

Comment

No experience with Brux but I love my Bartleins.

Comment

Both are cut rifled barrels. I haven't shot a Brux (I have 2 Bartlen's) but know plenty who have and love them. Pricing is about the same as well so I think it boils down to a personal preference or loyalty to one or the other IMOP.

Comment

Brux vs Bartlein

I’ve not shot a Brux but I have a couple of Bartlein 5R barrels and they shoot fantastic.

I want to try a Krieger 5R because my one Krieger non 5R barrel
              I have is the most accurate I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will stick with Obermeyer barrels as long as I can. Boots is who some of the ones listed learned barrel making from. Also he was the first to do the 5R rifling.

In reality though the barrel makers listed so far can outshoot most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                  I will stick with Obermeyer barrels as long as I can. Boots is who some of the ones listed learned barrel making from. Also he was the first to do the 5R rifling.

In reality though the barrel makers listed so far can outshoot most of us.

To my knowledge Krieger is the only one using Obermeyer specs for their 5R barrels.

Our 5-R barrels are made with the same bore and groove dimensional tolerances and uniformity as our conventional record setting rifled barrels, so there certainly should not be a disadvantage. We offer the true Obermeyer style 5-R rifling in select calibers for shooters that feel there is an advantage to this style of rifling, you can be the judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've used brux, krieger, bartlien, rock creek, benchmark, and mullerworks. All shot lights out. It's more about the gunsmith chambering the rifle when you go with a quality barrel.

Comment

I have 2 Bartlein and a Hart in house yet the 2 guns I have being built are getting Muller Works.

Comment

Brux vs Bartlein

Originally posted by tomcfc11 View Post
                        I've used brux, krieger, bartlien, rock creek, benchmark, and mullerworks. All shot lights out. It's more about the gunsmith chambering the rifle when you go with a quality barrel.

I agree. I have 2 rifles with Bartlein barrels in the same cartridge. 1 shoots significantly better than the other.

I recently had the least shooter in the lathe and measured runout of action compared to the barrel. Now I know why the other shoots better.....

Both actions were supposedly “blueprinted” but by different Gunsmith’s with different techniques and different tolerances.
                        Last edited by bboswell; 03-27-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I have a 264win with a #5 Bartlein is less than a 1/4" group with Berger 140s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got 9 custom barreled Remington 700s with Bartlein, Shilen and Hart barrels and all shoot great, but the one's that shoot insanely accurate have Hart barrels.

Comment

Working...
                            X