Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
    I am trailering down 9 corn feeders,2 protein feeders, and a couple homemade quad pods in a few weeks. All feeders are 55Gal barrel sized and either home built or used.

First time I have crossed a full trailer load of gear (I own the trailer & will take the original registration receipt & title in hand)

Other than working up a "receipt" for all the items, any idea what I can expect to pay in the way of taxes @ Columbia? Do I need to pay this tax in Pesos? Thanks in advance.

Never hurts to exchange a couple hundred dollars to pesos. When using your “receipt” expect to pay 16% in taxes. I’ve never had any issues when producing some paperwork and ready to pay. The tax is relatively insignificant considering your cargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any guys in the Zaragoza area feel free to pm yalls numbers were new to the area and never hurts to have a few contacts in case of emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Any guys in the Zaragoza area feel free to pm yalls numbers were new to the area and never hurts to have a few contacts in case of emergencies.

What side of Zaragoza, I hunted west of town back in ‘99. Had 4 ranches we leased.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
          Never hurts to exchange a couple hundred dollars to pesos. When using your “receipt” expect to pay 16% in taxes. I’ve never had any issues when producing some paperwork and ready to pay. The tax is relatively insignificant considering your cargo.

Awesome thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Do you use the Declaration lane @ Columbia when pulling a trailer?

Comment

Really only one line. You’ll get pulled over anyway. They do have an active X-Ray there also. Be prepared

Comment

I got a green light this weekend. Then the soldiers waved me by without asking to stop It was kinda nice. I did speak to the soldiers on the way home. I am excited like a little kid to be on that ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                I got a green light this weekend. Then the soldiers waved me by without asking to stop It was kinda nice. I did speak to the soldiers on the way home. I am excited like a little kid to be on that ranch.

Comment

No, do not turn right before red light and permit building. We were there for HOURS one time crossing a big blind. Had to call Antonio to come get us out.
                  Current registration on the trailer and a receipt for the equipment , like you said. Hopefully they just let you through. And they take Americano for the tax.

Comment

Well I’m back started hunting mexico in 1993 when I was 13 and hunted there till 2009. Took a brake for 10 years (not willingly) kids and my wife not thinking it was safe down there but after years of trying to convincer it worked. Looked at our new ranch two weeks ago and loved it planing a trip in April to start working on stuff. Fills good to be back on the other side of the river.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real McCoy View Post
                      Well I’m back started hunting mexico in 1993 when I was 13 and hunted there till 2009. Took a brake for 10 years (not willingly) kids and my wife not thinking it was safe down there but after years of trying to convincer it worked. Looked at our new ranch two weeks ago and loved it planing a trip in April to start working on stuff. Fills good to be back on the other side of the river.
                      Welcome back!!!

Comment

Spring has sprung.

Comment

Looking good red dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post

Spring has sprung.

Now go park a truck full of protein out in the middle of the ranch to make it rain. LOL

Looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We roll south in the morning cross at 8am hope i can sleep lol

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                We roll south in the morning cross at 8am hope i can sleep lol
                                I know the feeling! We don’t go back until next weekend and I can’t wait. Have fun and send pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X