X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Hunt24/7Hard;13264728]
    Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Yes there is.

I meet a guy from Anahuac on Hwy to drop our capes off.. they mount the deer either there or in Laredo.
    12 pt taxidermy. They do a stand up job and are great people to deal with.
    PM me and I will get you their number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But what if they found a dead tick, on your mounted deer, that has a tanned cape on it??? If they are refusing tanned capes, with a scab or 2 on them what is the difference?? Its still a tanned cape..

This entire "Tick drama" is just ridiculous.. Freezing a cape solid for 2-3 days kill every tick, bug and parasite...... Putting a cape in an acidic pickle with a PH of 2 or less and a salt concentration of 40 percent(part of the tanning process)for 4-5 days kills every form of a bug or bacteria... Its completely sterile at this point.......

I'm going to make a phone call to a USDA veterinarian about this.. They are the ones who control this.. It sounds like some hunter harassment may be taking place to me.. They may not know about it..

Comment

This is just a write up that they sent to us to see if we thought it was fair:

comestibles empaquetados de origen por las tiendas de autoconsumo, cerrados y sin escurrimientos

Carne de res cruda, cosida o seca en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 5 kilogramos por cazador.
      Carne de cerdo cruda, cosida o embutido en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 2 kilogramos por cazador.
      Carne de aves pollo, pavo cruda, cosida o embutido en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 2 kilogramos por cazador
      Pascado fresco en cualquier presentación (entero, fileteado o en trozo), congelado o enhielado. Consumo personal de 1 kilogramos por cazador

Embutidos de res, puerco, aves

Quesos frescos o deshidratados en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal 1 kilogramos por cazador
      Mantequilla Consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
      Cremas Consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
      Vegetales, frutas, café, semillas, harinas y cereales con los requisitos y cantidades actualmente autorizadas.

Comment

Originally posted by la calavera View Post
        this is just a write up that they sent to us to see if we thought it was fair:

Comestibles empaquetados de origen por las tiendas de autoconsumo, cerrados y sin escurrimientos

carne de res cruda, cosida o seca en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 5 kilogramos por cazador.
        Carne de cerdo cruda, cosida o embutido en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 2 kilogramos por cazador.
        Carne de aves pollo, pavo cruda, cosida o embutido en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 2 kilogramos por cazador
        pascado fresco en cualquier presentación (entero, fileteado o en trozo), congelado o enhielado. Consumo personal de 1 kilogramos por cazador

embutidos de res, puerco, aves

quesos frescos o deshidratados en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal 1 kilogramos por cazador
        mantequilla consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
        cremas consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
        vegetales, frutas, café, semillas, harinas y cereales con los requisitos y cantidades actualmente autorizadas.
        uuuuhh....

Comment

I’ll send the original when we get it, but in the mean time comunícate with Angadi if they want to confiscate your food.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            uuuuhh....
            Print it and take it with you, it shows the quantities. 11lbs of meat per hunter, 4.4 lbs of chicken and/or pork, 2.2 lbs of fish per hunter

Comment

With these amounts no one will be checking for meat at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by La Calavera View Post
                With these amounts no one will be checking for meat at the border.
                Great info Bernado, thank you

Comment

[quote=Hunt24/7Hard;13264728]
                  Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Yes there is.

I meet a guy from Anahuac on Hwy to drop our capes off.. they mount the deer either there or in Laredo.
                  12 pt taxidermy. They do a stand up job and are great people to deal with.
                  PM me and I will get you their number.

I highly recommend this guy from 12 point taxidermy. His name is Miguel Herrera. He is our scorer for the Cola Blanca contest in Laredo. Great guy. He has a shop in Laredo as well.

Comment

Print it and take it with you, it shows the quantities. 11lbs of meat per hunter, 4.4 lbs of chicken and/or pork, 2.2 lbs of fish per hunter
                    Thank you very much. This will be very helpful.

Comment

This is just a write up that they sent to us to see if we thought it was fair:

comestibles empaquetados de origen por las tiendas de autoconsumo, cerrados y sin escurrimientos

Carne de res cruda, cosida o seca en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal de 5 kilogramos por cazador.
                      Pascado fresco en cualquier presentación (entero, fileteado o en trozo), congelado o enhielado. Consumo personal de 1 kilogramos por cazador

Embutidos de res, puerco, aves

Quesos frescos o deshidratados en cualquier presentación: Consumo personal 1 kilogramos por cazador
                      Mantequilla Consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
                      Cremas Consumo personal .5 kilogramos por cazador
                      Vegetales, frutas, café, semillas, harinas y cereales con los requisitos y cantidades actualmente autorizadas.

groceries packaged from home by self-consumption stores, closed and without runoff
                      Raw, sewn or dried beef in any presentation: Personal consumption of 5 kilograms per hunter.
                      Raw pork meat, sewn or stuffed in any presentation: Personal consumption of 2 kilograms per hunter.
                      Chicken meat, raw turkey, sewn or sausage in any presentation: Personal consumption of 2 kilograms per hunter
                      Fresh pasta in any presentation (whole, filleted or in pieces), frozen or frozen. Personal consumption of 1 kilogram per hunter
                      Sausages of beef, pork, poultry
                      Fresh or dehydrated cheeses in any presentation: Personal consumption 1 kilograms per hunter
                      Butter Personal consumption .5 kilograms per hunter
                      Creams Personal consumption .5 kilograms per hunter
                      Vegetables, fruits, coffee, seeds, flours and cereals with the requirements and amounts currently authorized.

English version [emoji106]

Comment

Lots of good information. Thanks for all the update guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Also should add a kg is 2.2 lb so the portions seem fair if they go to policing it hard

Comment

[quote=RanchoAB;13265187]
                            Originally posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post

I highly recommend this guy from 12 point taxidermy. His name is Miguel Herrera. He is our scorer for the Cola Blanca contest in Laredo. Great guy. He has a shop in Laredo as well.

You guys have any pics of his work?

Comment

If the POI bbq pit has a fire in it we are SOL still good news. I only had meat conficated 2 or 3 times but its a bad feeling knowing your going to eat javalina if you cant catch some quail!

Comment

Just for the record, IF they find a dead tick on your Mexico mounted deer, it will be rejected and you will have to take the mounted deer back to Mexico. It has happened. The USDA people are interpreting the letter of the law and not the intent of the law which is to not allow live ticks into Texas.
                                taxidermy guy, you are wasting your time talking to anyone about this tick law, I know, I have gone as high up the bureaucratic chain as possible. You can fly in a cape to DFW from Mexico RAW unfrozen and you are good to go. Bring a cape across Columbia that has been frozen for a month with a dead tick and it will be rejected.
                                Please everyone listen to me on what I am about to say. This will be the best tip you get today. DO NOT discuss anything about your deer capes, the people working the bridge or ANYTHING else you do not want the USDA agents to hear while they are in their office. They have a listening device at the waiting area at Columbia. I believe they intentionally make you wait while they listen to your conversations hoping to get some information they can use against you. This is NOT speculation, it is a fact. Be very carefull while at the Columbia bridge while checking your deer or anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X