It's Been A While Since I've Given You All An Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Been A While Since I've Given You All An Update

I wish I had better news, but my Wife and I went down to MDA last Thurs because I had not been feeling good at all and we needed to speak with them about starting Clinical Trials. A lot of you know my situation, but I'm sure some do not. Back in Jan of this year I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Bladder Cancer. It is terminal, very rare and there are no known cures.

This past Spring I made it through what was apparently some very heavy duty chemotherapy with virtually no side effects! I have also been using a nutritionist who had me on a supplement plan and it has allowed me to keep working full time and to be completely healthy for a bucket list family vacation. But about 3 weeks ago it started to creep up on me.

When we got here on Thurs they ran some tests and right as we started talking to the Clinical Trial people, they told me to go straight to the ER because my Creatinine levels translated to my kidneys functioning at about 6%!! Basically I was in Renal Failure. They also found blood clots in both legs and my calves feel ridiculously tight, where it has become difficult to walk.

I have also been in extreme pain, so the MDA staff has been trying to figure this out since Thurs. The other thing that sucks is that my boys have been at the house for the last 5 days.

So to make a long story even longer...right in the middle of an MRI on Fri afternoon, my wonderful oncologist shut it all down and sat down with us and told us the news. She said there was no point in continuing with any more tests, the cancer had come back with a vengeance. It has already spread to my pelvic area, lungs, around my heart and now it was time to start lining up Hospice and just to get back to Austin and enjoy my family and the rest of my life.

Her quote words were that it has gone from a "months to years" prognosis, to a "Weeks to Months" scenario. I've made my peace with my wonderful God, already received Last Rights and it's been great having this private time with my incredible, amazing Wife. This is such a bizarre situation to be in; but we are actually very prepared for when it happens.

I want to also take this opportunity to again thank you for all of your unbelievable generosity, the amazing outpouring of love and support and all of your prayers. TBH has been such a HUGE part of my life and I cannot express how much you all and this website has mean to me and my family.

I'll be posting and donating lots of stuff to "Pass It On". I'm sure I will see many of you over the next few weeks and my door is open at the house!

God Bless all of you.

J.P.

You and your loved ones have been in our prayers. My God bless you!

Comment

God Bless you and your family, JP. My heart aches for you all. If you need anything at all, let us know.

Prayers will continue, my friend!

Casey

Comment

Wow....this brings tears to my eyes sir. I am very sorry to hear this and my prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

continued prayers JP for you and your family

Comment

Don't know you, but God bless you.

Comment

Im so sorry to hear this.. It's hard to even comprehend what you might be feeling or experiencing. My heart hurts for you and your family.

I live in Austin and would be more than happy to lend a hand with any chores or help you need. Please feel free to call or message me

Phone # 512-five five four-4299

Comment

So sorry it has come to this. I am glad you had the extra time of feeling good to spend with your family. I will pray for peace for you and your family as time draws near. God bless!

Comment

My heart aches for you and your family, but the peace you show is such a testament to your faith. May God bless y'all and hold you close. The Joslin family will continue to have y'all in our prayers.

Curt

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this but you and your family are in my prayers.

Comment

J P my heart just sank reading this. You have been such a huge asset to TBH. God be with you and your family and enjoy every moment. My heart hurts now.

Comment

God Bless you and your family Sir.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              Im so sorry to hear this.. It's hard to even comprehend what you might be feeling or experiencing. My heart hurts for you and your family.

I live in Austin and would be more than happy to lend a hand with any chores or help you need. Please feel free to call or message me

Phone # 512-five five four-4299
                              X2 jp

512- six 3 six- 6nine one 9

Comment

Working...
                              X