Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red river no mans land deer near gainsville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have been told there is a easment so to say, that is on both sides of the river bed itself, but because of the disrespectful public that gains access to it and destroys the private property some land owners can be downright hard to deal with...dont know how true the easement deal is though..

Comment

Pat, I can't believe that's not a Doctor Pepper in your hand.

Comment

"No Man' Land

Although sill subject to litigation, According to the "Red River Compact" all land north of the permanently vegetated south bank (mean high water) is in Oklahoma.

Comment

From what I have been told there is a easment so to say, that is on both sides of the river bed itself, but because of the disrespectful public that gains access to it and destroys the private property some land owners can be downright hard to deal with...dont know how true the easement deal is though..
          I'm not sure what the rules are on the easement. Navarro mills has a rather large flood easment around it due to the shallow nature of the lake. Does anyone know if the public can access public land through easment property, I know you can't hunt the easment.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
            Your right, sometimes landowners who don't want you getting to these areas will place gates and no hunting/tresspassing signs over little used county roads to deter traffic, but legally they cannot lock them if the county road is still on the map. I've run into this first hand a navarro mills, even heard of a landowner calling the game warden claiming some were tresspassing, but if the road is on the map even if its not graveled they cannot legally prevent you from using it. I've used the site below to find county roads.
            http://www.lib.utexas.edu:8080/searc.../maptexas.html

can you find this in wriing, I know of a road that is blocked like this

Comment

Here is the link for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Ft. Worth District Hunting Program...it differs for each lake.

Here is the link to the map for Texoma...both Texas and Oklahoma sides.

Hope this helps somewhat...

thomas.r.webb@swf02.usace.army.mil
              Last edited by Knight in Mossy Oak; 12-20-2007, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X