X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    Used mine on Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Is that a 28", Matt? Do the two burners heat it well?

I think I'm gonna cut a bigger hole in countertop on the back porch and try to build one of these into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Is that a 28", Matt? Do the two burners heat it well?

I think I'm gonna cut a bigger hole in countertop on the back porch and try to build one of these into it.

Yes sir. I’ve never used the 4 burner model, but this one cooks well even when it’s windy on the porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Walmart Black Friday ad...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wmbfgriddle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	24559655

Comment

Well well weeeeeeelllllllll

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

We made dove fajitas a few weeks ago. Marinated dove breast fillets in Claude's for about 3 hours. They were fantastic.

Comment

I need some advice on my griddle. I bought a 36” when the stainless version first came out. The idea was to incorporate it into my outdoor kitchen build by taking it off the cart and converting to natural gas. I searched online for what size orifice was needed for the btu rating of the burners. I carefully tried to drill the orifices out myself and added a natural gas regulator to line. The griddle does not get near as hot as it did on propane so I don’t use it near as much as I’d like. Last time I talked to blackstone they don’t have natural gas orifices available for a conversion. Any suggestions?

Comment

I've had my Blackstone 22" https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-outdoor-griddles/ for about 10 days now. I've cooked on it A LOT and love it. I haven't fried eggs on it yet. Unfortunately, the top warped just a bit after it was seasoned and used 3-4 times so the oil wouldn't stay on the top very well; not terrible but it ran off. I will say, if you have one and don't have the little bottles in the accessory kit, or something like it, get one. Makes ALL the difference in applying the right amount of oil and getting it to stay in the right spot. Trying to pour from a bottle, even a small one wasn't the best deal.

Blackstone has said they are sending me a new top so maybe I'll have better luck with the next one. Even if I didn't get a new top the thing is great to cook on and opens new vistas for cooking food if you just want to get creative.

For the poster that was looking for the carrying bag. I don't know which griddle you have but for us, there was no bag for the 22" so bought the one for the 28". I am not impressed by it - seems pretty cheap. I am going to use it however because you have to have it enclosed in something in W TX or that oily cooktop will be covered in sand constantly. And, the accessory kit (spatulas, chopper, plastic bottles etc.) is excellent. And, I still use lots of paper towels

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
                  I need some advice on my griddle. I bought a 36” when the stainless version first came out. The idea was to incorporate it into my outdoor kitchen build by taking it off the cart and converting to natural gas. I searched online for what size orifice was needed for the btu rating of the burners. I carefully tried to drill the orifices out myself and added a natural gas regulator to line. The griddle does not get near as hot as it did on propane so I don’t use it near as much as I’d like. Last time I talked to blackstone they don’t have natural gas orifices available for a conversion. Any suggestions?
                  Did you get an adjustable regulator? If not, you might want to try one. I put an adjustable regulator on my standard griddle, and it cooks SOOO much better... If needed I can turn that sucker cherry red in a hurry...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Did you get an adjustable regulator? If not, you might want to try one. I put an adjustable regulator on my standard griddle, and it cooks SOOO much better... If needed I can turn that sucker cherry red in a hurry...
                    What psi regulator did you get Charlie? 10psi?

Comment

I love my Blackstone 36.

Game changer at deer camp

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        What psi regulator did you get Charlie? 10psi?
                        Here's the one I got. It is a 0-20psi regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post

Keep trying different sized orifices, or go to a real pro paint shop and see if they can help. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to jet that properly, but you will need to adjust the air/fuel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is everyone doing to "clean" the top. The problem I have is when I cook beef mostly such as fajitas or steak. I scrape it down real good and wipe it off and leave a coat of oil. The next cook always has black grease on it. This discolors bacon and tortillas the next morning at breakfast. I had considered some sort of grill brick.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Here's the one I got. It is a 0-20psi regulator.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                              Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                What is everyone doing to "clean" the top. The problem I have is when I cook beef mostly such as fajitas or steak. I scrape it down real good and wipe it off and leave a coat of oil. The next cook always has black grease on it. This discolors bacon and tortillas the next morning at breakfast. I had considered some sort of grill brick.
                                The best way to clean a griddle is ice. While the griddle is good and hot, dump some ice on it. It cleans the surface extremely well.

This was told to me by my FIL who has been in food and beverage all of his adult life. He has owned many restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                                X