New lease with a variety of game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lease with a variety of game

I leased a place on a whim a few months ago, so far we have pics of whitetail, Mule Deer, elk, antelope, big horn sheep, bear, mountain lion, craziest thing i ever seen, its in Oklahoma, obviously we cannot kill some of these animals, I have not checked out all the seasons and what you can and cannot do, we are just hunting it for one week in November. Last time I seen anything like that was up in Canada, you could add a moose in there as well. Anyone hunt up in the NW corner of the Oklahoma panhandle ?

Wow, I'd love to see some pics!

Comment

Sounds like far west Texas. Crazy!

Comment

Do you drive though a big tall mesh gate on the way in?

Comment

Post some pics, place sounds awesome!

Comment

Elk come as far as Guymon on occasion. Kind of surprised about the sheep though. Understand that Oklahoma has specific licenses for weapons and animals. Be sure to check on what you can shoot and what specific license you need. Awesome experience you are having!! Good luck when you go!!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post

My first thoughts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                What does that mean?

Roger, any openings available? 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                  What does that mean?

Roger, any openings available? 😂
                  This is my first year to get it, there are 3 of us hunting 14000 acres, it has a small cabin on it, the landowner keeps 3 or 4 feeders going in the fall, he likes to bow hunt some but rarely kills anything. This year we are just looking for mule deer or whitetail, if the elk are around we will buy a tag and see if we can get one, I think the antelope are archery only for out of state hunters, not sure on bears and lions, it is near Black Mesa and the Cimarron River runs through it. I have never seen the place, landowner just sends us pics, a good friend of mine has hunted the place several times, he is coming along with us to show us around, we are hunting the week of Thanksgiving, if we kill anything good i will figure out how to post a pic.

Comment

Can I lease it the other weeks of the year?

Comment

Buddy has done some cedar clearing in that area said all kids of stuff is in those mountains. Week of Thanksgiving around there you better be off the ground those deer will run you over chasing does!

Neat country for sure! Alfalfa field was covered in deer and pheasant! I kinda wanted to forget about the deer and pick up a shotgun!

Comment

I thought I saw your truck.

Comment

LOL, my buddy who turned me on to this place says it is one of the coolest places he has ever hunted, he did say to not expect an animal behind every tree, he said he has gone hunting all day and only seen a couple of animals and then the next day see a couple of dozen, there have been mule deer taken in the 180 range and one over 200, some whitetails in the 160 range, he had a pic of a 325 plus inch bull elk a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X