No announcement yet.

Tundra or F-150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a 17 2.7 Eco on 35's and get 16MPG city. The eco would outrun a v8 on stock tires all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Look at some of the posts above from the Toyota guys that are honest about their mileage.
      You mean these guys?

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Where to you come up with this. My 16 SR5 gets 16 plus every day of the week.
      Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      14.8 on 34" tires with mine. Drive it like I stole it!
      Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      I run 35s on my 5.0 crew cab. I get 17 on long hwy trips and 14-15 in town. I did get 19mpg on a 12 hr drive to Georgia.

Make sure you get a large fuel tank and not the small one unless you don't make long trips.
      Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      I have a 2012, when new it did get 13 to 14 mpg, after 30k miles 15 to 16 mpg consistently is no problem. It’s a 2wd crew max with a5.7L. Now if you are pulling anything don’t ask.
      Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
      Tundras is a tougher truck.
      Actual mileage hand calculated is 14-16 in town -stock 4x4
      17-18 on highway

13 if you are running 90
      Drops about 1 mpg with a level and 34s
      5.0 ford gets about 2mpg better than stock tundra
      Originally posted by npe001 View Post
      I have a 13 Tundra and will never go back to Ford. Who buys a truck and says "I got this for the gas mileage" ???? If you want MPG get a Prius. I was getting 17 in my F150 and get 16-17 daily in my Tundra.
      Originally posted by Derrik View Post
      2016 tundra with 35’s. Getting around 14 combined driving. New 38 gallon tank is nice. 2nd tundra with no problems
      Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
      Tundra here. My '13 5.7 with 4.10 diff and all the towing stuff gets 16-17 unloaded as fast as I want to drive. Don't know what it gets pulling a trailer and don't care. It will pull.
      Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
      2017 TSS 4wd, 5.7, get 15 -16 mpg unless pulling a trailer. I do drive the speed limit which seems to be the exception now days. Not a hater of other vehicles , just have have enjoyed excellent quality with all the toyotas we have owned. ( Camry , four runner, two Tundras, FJ and Tacoma).
      Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      I have 2014 Tundra CM 4x4 with the 5.7 and I get 13.5 in the city and around 16 hwy (per the dash read-out). Everything is stock on my truck. I can tell you there has been zero issues with my truck. My father had a 2011 Tundra CM 4x4 with the 5.7 and it was never in the shop except for routine maintenance. It had 260K miles on it when he passed it down to my brother and bought a new one. Brother has been driving it for 8 months, and still no issues. I personally don't have experience with the Fords, but if you do some research, the Toyotas hold their value very well.
      Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Tundra for me. Mileage is 16-18 unless it got a load on it then it drinks. I didn’t buy it for fuel mileage though.
      Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
      On my second Tundra and the only other truck I owned was Chevy and it was a pos. I have the 2014 4x4 5.7 with a 3/2 leveling kit and 285’s. I get 14-16 and pulling my 19’ Bluewave I get 8-9. Love my Tundra and never had an issue with the 2 I have owned.
      My '08 with a 3-1 levelling kit and 35s got 13.5 city and 17 hwy for 150,000 miles before I traded it in.

Comment

My 17 tundra 4x4 Stock gets 19.8 highway at 70 mph, and 14.5 combined city/highway. 11.5 pulling a 20 champion bass boat with a 300 Yamaha at 80mph. To fork and back.

Comment

Tundra here. I had a older ford and could of bought a new truck for what I spent to keep it running, but I did get almost 300k out of it. tundra wins hands down with power.. I have the grade version and it is just as nice as my lariat. If I had to pick again, tundra again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
            My 17 tundra 4x4 Stock gets 19.8 highway at 70 mph, and 14.5 combined city/highway. 11.5 pulling a 20 champion bass boat with a 300 Yamaha at 80mph. To fork and back.
            Thats allsome.....better than ford, dodge and chevy!

Comment

I have been known to lie. My 30yo son still believes I once killed a tiger with a rubber band and paperclip

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                I don’t drive half tons but 10 mpg is ridiculous.

Toyota being built “stronger” than Ford is like most internet stats...made up.
                So when the Tundra originally came out, Toyota was going to keep the T100 they had. That was to be the "half ton" version of their trucks. The Tundra was originally slated to be called the T150, but there were issues with Ford and the F-150 and copyrights. This T-150 was to be a 3/4 ton truck. The whole thing was designed to 3/4 ton specs.

With the fallout of the T150 due to the Ford issues, Toyota killed the T100, and revamped the Tundra as a half ton. I also think they realized there wasn't near as much money in the 3/4 ton market.

All this story I got from a friend who is a design engineer with Toyota. If I am wrong, I am all ears to hear the full story.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  So when the Tundra originally came out, Toyota was going to keep the T100 they had. That was to be the "half ton" version of their trucks. The Tundra was originally slated to be called the T150, but there were issues with Ford and the F-150 and copyrights. This T-150 was to be a 3/4 ton truck. The whole thing was designed to 3/4 ton specs.

With the fallout of the T150 due to the Ford issues, Toyota killed the T100, and revamped the Tundra as a half ton. I also think they realized there wasn't near as much money in the 3/4 ton market.

All this story I got from a friend who is a design engineer with Toyota. If I am wrong, I am all ears to hear the full story.
                  That explains why they get 3/4ton gasser fuel mileage. They just pulled a couple leaf springs out.

Comment

Tundra...............

Comment

I am surprised on all these low mpg numbers on gas.
                      I get 16 mpg to and from work and 11.9 mpg towing in my Ford 6.7.

I had an 08 Tundra before and got 7-9 mpg when towing. Had awesome power though.

Comment

Hate to tell you Traildust, Tundras are assembled in the Great U.S.A. Like Ford and the rest but lots of parts made out of the U.S.A. My Tundra was made here in San Antonio TX.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Hate to tell you Traildust, Tundras are assembled in the Great U.S.A. Like Ford and the rest but lots of parts made out of the U.S.A. My Tundra was made here in San Antonio TX.
                          Thanks. I'm sure you have the factory back window sticker proudly displayed.....cause nothing says Texas and USA better than tyota!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            Ok you are right. All Tundras get 8-10, but 12 on a good day.

Didn't realize TBH had so many dishonest Tundra owners.
                            Haha seriously. I don't drive like an old lady and I average a little over 15 highway/city. Not great, but not 8-10.

Comment

<================= This

Comment

Gonna need a Toyota support group after all the hurt feelings in this post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X