No announcement yet.

Chevy Silverado 4x4 or Toyota Tundra 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fan of both, wife drove a 14 tundra when we bought the diesel she went to a 4 runner. One draw back on tundra cewmax for me is no long bed option.

Comment

I had all Toyotas until I bought my Silverado. I love that dang truck and haven't had a single thing go wrong. Zero complaints, and I'd get the GM again.

Comment

My 2000 GMC Sierra SLT ,I purchased in August 99 has been awesome. GMC again when the need arises.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          The Toyota gets tons of love. They're great trucks evidently... I just cant get over the look of them. Call me crazy but I don't like them at all. I know its not the most important factor when deciding but I just couldn't do it when buying last year.
          I heard the new Nissan Titans are really good too, but they got slapped with the ugly stick as well, and until they redesign that front end, I wouldn't buy one. No matter how good the rest of the truck is.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            Tundras are good trucks, I love Toyota, but they are ugly as heck. Looks aside, I would consider getting one, but the bed is too short to be functional for me. I’m not sticking tools in back seat, even if I wanted to there no way I could fit them all. My family is Chevy/gmc, but I think all trucks these days are pretty decent.
            The Tundra extended cab has a full size bed along with a back seat with plenty of room.

Comment

Another vote for Toyota here. I used to be a Chevy/GMC guy and currently own a 2012 GMC w/ the 6.2, but after forking out $3700 for a new transmission at 103K I will never own another one that's for sure. Four other guys at my work drive similar year/model GMC, all of us have had to have transmission work done before or around 100K. If they cant build em better than that for the proce they charge then I am done with em, Toyota all the way

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                I heard the new Nissan Titans are really good too, but they got slapped with the ugly stick as well, and until they redesign that front end, I wouldn't buy one. No matter how good the rest of the truck is.
                My sentiments EXACTLY!

Comment

Yea but it’s still not a true crew cab

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                    Another vote for Toyota here. I used to be a Chevy/GMC guy and currently own a 2012 GMC w/ the 6.2, but after forking out $3700 for a new transmission at 103K I will never own another one that's for sure. Four other guys at my work drive similar year/model GMC, all of us have had to have transmission work done before or around 100K. If they cant build em better than that for the proce they charge then I am done with em, Toyota all the way
                    My 2012's probably had 250K miles on them before I traded them in 2017, I only keep them 5 years because I am out of depreciation, never had any tranny problems. I did have a couple of problems with the injector pumps, GM stood behind them well after the warranty period, I may have a little pull because of the number of trucks I buy from them.

Comment

I get 16.5 - 19 in town and on the highway, when I hook up to my 16’ Trailer with my side by side on it I get 11-13 and that running 75 on I10. The bed is small in the crewmax but there is not much I cannot put in it. I’ll buy another when this one hits 350k until then I’ll drive my Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                        Yep, all 3 I commented on had transmission and rear end problems by 75,000 miles.

Comment

Grew up a Chevy guy.

Tundra hands down.

I love mine.

Comment

I'd go with GM. I'm a guy that buys and keeps pickups. Not a new truck every few year guy.

Never had a major problem from a GM product.

Comment

2016 Silverado currently drive

Rear end replaced
                              New injectors
                              Replace exhaust manifolds/bolts sheared off
                              Numerous electrical problems
                              Plastic molding coming apart

All with less than 70K miles.

Luckily it is a company truck, but has taught me what not to buy.

Others in our fleet include transfer case replacement, transmission, and fuel injectors are just a few of the repairs. We get rid of trucks before 75K miles.

Comment

for the ones who complained about the tundra not having space under the rear seat, there is a mod that can be done by adding storage under the rear seats. Under the capert, just right under where the rear seats fold up, the foam padding is about 6-8in thick. maybe more!
                                google is your friend

Comment

Working...
                                X