No announcement yet.

Fed duck stamps ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't buy then. I have found out it's way cheaper to be legal. to each his own.

Comment

I'm happy to pay it but I wish they'd allocate some of those funds to conserve wintering grounds along the coast, especially in TX. We're losing ground to freakin' development faster and faster every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
        Lol cost me $144.50 when I got my new license/permits/stamps this year.

$28.50 for the stamp if you buy at academy or where ever in person. Should be the least of your worries if you're hunting waterfowl anyways.
        yep $144.50 for a super combo w/aph and duck stamp and it'll be one of the cheapest things I buy for hunting or fishing this year probably

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Right lol. I see guys griping about prices then post pics of their high dollar trucks and toys and hunting gear lol. I buy a stamp every year whether I hunt ducks or not!!
          Yep, I've only hunted ducks 2 years out of the last 11 but I've bought a stamp every year. The stamp was $15.00 back in 1991 as I just looked at a old license of mine. So they have raised a whopping $10.00 in almost 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            You're flipping crazy if you think DU can spend that $25 better than the USFW.
            for realz

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            In the grand scheme of duck hunting, that stamp is probably the cheapest thing involved
            Right, like griping about 40 dollar broadheads after spending 1200 on a bow, 12k on a UTV, 5k on a lease etc.......

Comment

I think it is a good price. My only problem is I will buy it and never go or I don't buy it and get invited to go and then scramble to find one. Overall if I duck hunted a lot it would not be a big deal at all.

Comment

Not even an issue to me. I love it & will pay whatever it takes, UNLESS the money went to DU. I wouldn't give them anything.

Comment

The Duck Stamp use to fund wet lands and conservation for migratory waterfowl. Then in the late 80's the LWL's within the USFWS came out with their sister Conservation Stamp to fund waterfowl conservation. They couldn't have hunters getting credit for their contributions towards conservation. One "small" problem with their scheme was that for each $15 conservation stamp sold they sold 3000 $15 dollar Duck Stamps. To fix this discrepancy in stamp sales they just combined the two stamps and came out with the current Conservation Duck Stamp with the funds going into the general treasury fund. Then monies are allocated by LWL's to fund the USFWS and waterfowl conservation, while "hunters just shoot and kill one of our most valued natural resources."

Just one of the reasons I hate LWS's, they're the scum of the earth.
                  Last edited by Thumper; 08-20-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Last year was the 1st year I didn't buy one. I very rarely duck hunt anyway. I always bought it just in case I wanted to go. Just don't need to spend $25.00 on something I probably won't need.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane77624 View Post
                      It’s worth it....blah, blah, blah.....I’d pay more.....blah, blah, blah... it funds conservation......blah, blah, blah.....gimme a break guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Please expound on that thought...

Comment

I’ve never hunted ducks in my life and I buy 2 every year!

Comment

Shoot that 25 bucks is not even a drop in the bucket when it comes to money spent on duck hunting haha most guys have more money in that in just batteries alone in their mojos and spinners!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X