Facebook hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook hunts

I was just curious on if anyone has ever been on one of the hunt being sold on Facebook? I was thinking about doing one and It's $800 (non refundable) on shooting one of the fallowing.
    - Axis Buck
    - Axis Doe
    - Sika Buck
    - Sika Doe
    - Aoudad Ram
    - Aoudad Ewe
    - Oryx Bull
    - Oryx Cow
    - Mouflon Ram
    - Corsican Ram
    Too me It's kinda one of those too good to be true type of deals. Just wanted to know what the Green screen has to say!!
    Thanks

You're asking about a specific place with those prices. I know some guys that sell hunts on FB. Some are not worth it. I know nothing about the one you posted, but I personally stay away from the hunts that you pay if you kill what you want or not. $800 is a lot to pay if you don't shoot something. You're better off just going with a TBH sponsor that has daily fees and kill fees. IMO

Comment

Looks like it’s one of those too good to be true deals. Need a lot more details.

Comment

For $800 the success rate must be low on any of the bucks because they would more then likely loose money if the success rate was high unless this is a low fence place that has a lot of exotics. I would ask if it's high fence and what the success rate is on bucks, not that they would tell you the success rate and even if they did, how would you know if it's true.

Comment

$800 BOW HUNTING PACKAGE- JOHNSON CITY, TX
          5,000 ACRE RANCH
          This package includes:
          3 Days 2 Nights
          Meals/ Lodging Transportation On The Ranch Skinning/ Quartering
          Bass Fishing In The Lakes Is Allowed (Catch and Release Only)
          On this hunt you will have the opportunity to harvest 1 of the following animals. No more than 1 animal may be harvested. If you choose to harvest 2 animals the cost will be an additional $800.
          - Axis Buck
          - Axis Doe
          - Sika Buck
          - Sika Doe
          - Aoudad Ram
          - Aoudad Ewe
          - Oryx Bull
          - Oryx Cow
          - Mouflon Ram
          - Corsican Ram
          In addition to the animals mentioned above you are allowed to harvest the following species for no additional charge.
          - 1 Turkey (Gobbler Only, Spring Only)
          - Unlimited Hogs
          - Unlimited Predators, Coyote, Bobcat, Fox
          All hunts will be done out of pre- set blinds over feeders or water.
          50% deposit to book. Please EMAIL for more info. stexashuntingoutfitters@gmail.com

This is all the info they have. It sounds like a high fence to me but not sure. Other people have asked about the success rate and they leave the question pretty open. I'm defiantly starting to shy away from the deal all in all

Comment

Too much money up front. They make their money off the unsuccessful hunters at that price.

Comment

I've been on hunts like that before. Had 6 hunters in camp. No one killed an animal, but the owner made a few grand off us. Never again

Comment

Not sure if its true or not, but I heard that price was only good during the weekdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I've been on hunts like that before. Had 6 hunters in camp. No one killed an animal, but the owner made a few grand off us. Never again
                  That's what I figured. Thanks for the heads up and the money saved

Comment

What's the name of the ranch? Should be able to find reviews if they've been doing it a while. If they won't give you the name I'd find somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Agree anypace I've been that was good you pay for what you kill. I've been to both types. If he's loaded with monster axis, blackbuck etc. He'd be selling those hunts for more than 800. I'd ask how many hunters he allows a year and the success rate (make sure they're not counting pigs, varmint as a success) really for 800 I wouldn't consider walking away with a doe a success for the hunter either. ask specific questions that you want the answers to
                      Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 02-03-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I think you answered your own question.

Comment

I have done hunts on Facebook, you need to see what outfitter and ranch and ranch are offering the deals. I recall seeing the one you posted, usually if it sounds too good to be true it is. Didn't even think twice about that one.

Look at the guys who get mentions the most. Ryan Longer gets mentioned a lot. I have hunted with him before and was pleased.

He's a good guide, but what he does is lease a bunch of ranches or pays a hunting ranch a certain price and than makes a good cut for himself, but those ranches don't necessarily want to deal with the guests and paying someone else on the salary when they can just use Ryan as a contractor if that makes sense.

I wouldn't knock all those Facebook hunts, but if it's not a no kill no pay I'd steer away from it.

Comment

Working...
                          X