REMCO, Mike and Navy Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REMCO, Mike and Navy Seals

Man, I don’t usually get too twisted off about things but there were some comments made in a thread about the strangled SF guy and two Seals might have done it that just sat hard in my stomach.

My quick caveat is I don’t claim to be in any way best friends with any Navy Seals and in fact have never meet one to my knowledge until this past weekend.

I received an invitation from a guy I know who asked if I wanted to come hang out with a few guys at his ranch where I shoot a lot of pictures.

The VERY short story is I shared a campfire with 3 game wardens, a Dallas Swat cop, and 5 Navy Seals.

I can’t begin to tell you what that experience is like, and I can’t tell you what it was like to hear some of the things I over heard. Nothing like top secret, just like first hand accounts of the BIGGEST things ever to happen that are public knowledge. Mostly like a surreal or out of body experience.

And here is what I would have to say about things. When you stand in judgement and declare they should be hanged and get the death penalty that’s a fools remark.

What I would say is in ways most, including myself, you can’t understand the depths of which these men have been broken by the things they have seen and done on behalf of a grateful nation.

What I would say is these men have given themselves without reservation to the service of this nation and the sacrifice they made physically and mentally can not be understood or understated.

What I would say is the ones being accused of the SF Rangers death should be held accountable for it. But there also needs to be some context to understand what these guys have been through before you just scream put them to death. I’m not making excuses and don’t say they don’t deserve to be punished for their crimes. I’m just saying there are at least considerations to be thought about.

I saw men that hurt. I saw amazing men, humble men, and even one that I thought no way this guy is who he is, but I saw hurting men.

I also saw a society where NFL players take retirement and get a couple hundred thousand bucks a year for life when they are done, but we take the ones who sacrificed most for us and sent them back to the “real world” with a $40,000/yr retirement and some crappy VA benefits and say sorry you are shot to hell and all broken, go find a job.

It’s a real eye opening thing. I’ve been around a lot of war vets and wounded war vets, but I’ve never been around THIS.

I’m just saying, a little critical thinking is needed before the judgement.

Lastly, I would share this. I heard this story first hand and feel lead to share it wherever I have a forum to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well said Jamie

That was tough to watch and only aggravates me more about the whole Bergdahl case.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
      Man, I don’t usually get too twisted off about things but there were some comments made in a thread about the strangled SF guy and two Seals might have done it that just sat hard in my stomach.

My quick caveat is I don’t claim to be in any way best friends with any Navy Seals and in fact have never meet one to my knowledge until this past weekend.

I received an invitation from a guy I know who asked if I wanted to come hang out with a few guys at his ranch where I shoot a lot of pictures.

The VERY short story is I shared a campfire with 3 game wardens, a Dallas Swat cop, and 5 Navy Seals.

I can’t begin to tell you what that experience is like, and I can’t tell you what it was like to hear some of the things I over heard. Nothing like top secret, just like first hand accounts of the BIGGEST things ever to happen that are public knowledge. Mostly like a surreal or out of body experience.

And here is what I would have to say about things. When you stand in judgement and declare they should be hanged and get the death penalty that’s a fools remark.

What I would say is in ways most, including myself, you can’t understand the depths of which these men have been broken by the things they have seen and done on behalf of a grateful nation.

What I would say is these men have given themselves without reservation to the service of this nation and the sacrifice they made physically and mentally can not be understood or understated.

What I would say is the ones being accused of the SF Rangers death should be held accountable for it. But there also needs to be some context to understand what these guys have been through before you just scream put them to death. I’m not making excuses and don’t say they don’t deserve to be punished for their crimes. I’m just saying there are at least considerations to be thought about.

I saw men that hurt. I saw amazing men, humble men, and even one that I thought no way this guy is who he is, but I saw hurting men.

I also saw a society where NFL players take retirement and get a couple hundred thousand bucks a year for life when they are done, but we take the ones who sacrificed most for us and sent them back to the “real world” with a $40,000/yr retirement and some crappy VA benefits and say sorry you are shot to hell and all broken, go find a job.

It’s a real eye opening thing. I’ve been around a lot of war vets and wounded war vets, but I’ve never been around THIS.

I’m just saying, a little critical thinking is needed before the judgement.

Lastly, I would share this. I heard this story first hand and feel lead to share it wherever I have a forum to do so.

I believe you are probably referring to my comment in that thread. I agree with you whole heartedly about these guys, what they go through and what they do for our country. i have the utmost respect for them. I said, "IF this turns out to be true". Meaning IF it turns out they killed this guy to keep him quiet about the money they were stealing, they should face the death penalty, or, at least the equivalent of what a civilian would face for murder in these circumstances. No one should get a free pass. They have already been caught lying about what happened and it isn't looking good for them.

Yes, the majority of them are fantastic people and a cut above the rest of society. But they, just like any other walk of life, have their $#%birds. Fact of the matter is, the dead guy has sacrificed, gone through and seen things as well and now his wife, kids, country etc. have been robbed of him.

We will see what unfolds. If this turns out to be foul play, I hope they get the book thrown at them. If deemed to be an honest accident, I hope there is no charge and they continue doing what they do.

Comment

Life is all about choices, and if they were insane or acting in self defense, it will come out one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          I believe you are probably referring to my comment in that thread. I agree with you whole heartedly about these guys, what they go through and what they do for our country. i have the utmost respect for them. I said, "IF this turns out to be true". Meaning IF it turns out they killed this guy to keep him quiet about the money they were stealing, they should face the death penalty, or, at least the equivalent of what a civilian would face for murder in these circumstances. No one should get a free pass. They have already been caught lying about what happened and it isn't looking good for them.

Yes, the majority of them are fantastic people and a cut above the rest of society. But they, just like any other walk of life, have their $#%birds. Fact of the matter is, the dead guy has sacrificed, gone through and seen things as well and now his wife, kids, country etc. have been robbed of him.

We will see what unfolds. If this turns out to be foul play, I hope they get the book thrown at them. If deemed to be an honest accident, I hope there is no charge and they continue doing what they do.

I’m not sure who’s thread it was honestly, but probably what you’re talking about.

I’m not butting heads with you and you’re entitled to your opinion for sure, I’m just saying we don’t put to death mental health patients in the United States.

And I differ in the aspect of I don’t think these guys are just average Joe’s. I do agree that his family needs justice and he was taken as well and they should pay for that if it turns out that they did it. I just don’t think they should pay with their life.

Comment

I’m not sure who’s thread it was honestly, but probably what you’re talking about.

I’m not butting heads with you and you’re entitled to your opinion for sure, I’m just saying we don’t put to death mental health patients in the United States.

And I differ in the aspect of I don’t think these guys are just average Joe’s. I do agree that his family needs justice and he was taken as well and they should pay for that if it turns out that they did it. I just don’t think they should pay with their life.

just to be clear if it turns out that this was premeditated murder to cover up their own criminal activity you think the death penalty should be off the table because of prior service and sacrifice?

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
              just to be clear if it turns out that this was premeditated murder to cover up their own criminal activity you think the death penalty should be off the table because of prior service and sacrifice?

Because of mental health issues related to what they specifically do, uhhh yeah..

Comment

Because of mental health issues related to what they specifically do, uhhh yeah..

so they are too mentally unhealthy to be prosecuted normally but were mentally healthy enough to allegedly murder a fellow service member to cover up the criminal activity they were making money off of when he found them out? I don't think that defense is gonna fly

Comment

Have the accused been diagnosed or put forward a defense claiming mental health issues?

Comment

So it's ok for a military person to be committing crimes and covering tracks by murdering witnesses?

Allegedly of course

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                      so they are too mentally unhealthy to be prosecuted normally but were mentally healthy enough to allegedly murder a fellow service member to cover up the criminal activity they were making money off of when he found them out? I don't think that defense is gonna fly

That’s what mental health problems are right, Messed up thought processes. Doesn’t mean you’re stupid and doesn’t mean that you don’t have the ability to have critical thinking or think about what you’re doing. Again I’m not saying they don’t need to be punished and that the family doesn’t need to have justice. I’m saying that when you spend time with men llike these you understand from a different perspective that these guys have issues, and those issues have to be considered. And to do anything short of that is naïve. in no way however do I insinuate the justice doesn’t need to be done, I just don’t believe in the death penalty under this circumstance.

But I’m also not stupid enough to know that if that was my child that got killed by them I might very well fill 1000% different.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                        Have the accused been diagnosed or put forward a defense claiming mental health issues?

Not to my knowledge, and I doubt they would.

Comment

Not to my knowledge, and I doubt they would.

Why wouldn't they in a premediated capital murder type case, if they truly had mental issues?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                            Why wouldn't they in a premediated capital murder type case, if they truly had mental issues?

Because beyond PTSD I don’t think that mental health cases are very good defense. I think there’s difficulty in proof that somebody is mental processes are not normal. But I don’t really have mental health experience, beyond the required classes, I just believe that it exists and that I saw glimpse of something that I had never seen this past weekend.

Comment

IF it turns out they killed this guy to keep him quiet about the money they were stealing, they should face the death penalty, or, at least the equivalent of what a civilian would face for murder in these circumstances. No one should get a free pass. None of the seals I have known would disagree with this. I have known several Navy seals, through my connections with the Navy. Our attorney with the contracting office I worked in was an ex-Navy Seal and was still active in the reserves. I have done 2 drop camps in Alaska with a Navy seal and have shot archery league with others

Comment

Working...
                              X