Aggie Super Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
    How come they don't do a Fri-Sat-Sun? Just a tv deal?
    Yeah I think because of TV slots

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      So Game 1 is not until Saturday? I'm not seeing it on the sports calendar for tomorrow.
      Which is a huge blessing because it means all of our pitching will be back on their regular rest rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
        If the same thing had happened down at A&M, Aggie fans would be going ape ****.
        True that!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
          How come they don't do a Fri-Sat-Sun? Just a tv deal?
          I would assume it is because of TV deals. Trying to get as much coverage as possible because there are other supers as well.

Comment

But agree, it's obviously a Frog that gave out the code, so they did it to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              Which is a huge blessing because it means all of our pitching will be back on their regular rest rotation.
              TCU has the better pitching staff. Aggies get the nod on position players.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                It's debatable as to whether they have the better staff but they could. I think A&M's staff wore down a little in the second half of conference play. It was a grind. I mean dang there are 5 SEC teams in the Super Regionals. They seem refreshed now and threw outstanding in Regional play. We played 5 games and only gave up 6 or 7 runs over the stretch if I recall right. TCU pitchers gave up lots of runs in their Regional.
                Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 06-05-2015, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Lysteria Field would look good in purple..
                  Lol !!!!

Comment

Aggie Super Regional

Frogs will have a tough time keeping the Aggie bats quiet, Ags take it in three. Every game in this series is a 50/50 flip.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 06-05-2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I agree to a point Chad, but the Aggie bats have been a bit quiet the later part of the season. A couple of our best hitters looked lost at the plate during regionals. IDK if their timing was off, they just aren't seeing the ball or what but they need to get back to form to take care of TCU. The pitching was phenomenal during regionals. That in itself is a welcome sign. A&M's season long ERA is 17th in the nation (2.95). Not the strongest but has proven to be enough when the offense is rolling. FYI - TCU's season ERA is 2.38 (2nd)

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        It's debatable as to whether they have the better staff but they could. I think A&M's staff wore down a little in the second half of conference play. It was a grind. I mean dang there are 5 SEC teams in the Super Regionals. They seem refreshed now and threw outstanding in Regional play. We played 5 games and only gave up 6 or 7 runs over the stretch if I recall right. TCU pitchers gave up lots of runs in their Regional.
                        It's not really debatable. Their whole staff is going to be drafted next week. Possibly two first rounders. A&M will potentially only have one pitcher drafted in the top ten rounds.

There is no denying that the Aggie pitchers threw great last weekend and TCU gave up more runs than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                          I agree to a point Chad, but the Aggie bats have been a bit quiet the later part of the season. A couple of our best hitters looked lost at the plate during regionals. IDK if their timing was off, they just aren't seeing the ball or what but they need to get back to form to take care of TCU. The pitching was phenomenal during regionals. That in itself is a welcome sign. A&M's season long ERA is 17th in the nation (2.95). Not the strongest but has proven to be enough when the offense is rolling. FYI - TCU's season ERA is 2.38 (2nd)
                          Yup, if TCU's pitching staff performs to their ability, they will make short work out of the Ags. TCU has the superior pitching staff and skipper, but the ags have been clutch at the plate when necessary. This is why I pretty much look at each game in this series as a 50/50 flip.

I had hoped my nephew would take the 50% offer TCU gave him as a RHP, instead he took the 80% UTSA put on the table and has a great crew to work with down there. I like what Marshall has done with him so far!
                          Last edited by Chad C; 06-05-2015, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            TCU has the better starting pitching, once you get into the bull pen I think A&M edges out. Both have very good pitching staffs and that's the reason they are playing in the Super.

Comment

Should be a heck of a weekend for baseball in Cowtown.

Comment

Go Frogs!
                                Last edited by Oneway; 06-05-2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X