Blind Windows - Sliders vs Flip up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Windows - Sliders vs Flip up??

I have never had a deer stand with windows in it. Looking on the deer view site they make sliders and flip up. Which do you prefer and why?

Thank you

Sliders are nice because you can open it a little or all the way. Flip ups are all or nothing. Sometimes it's nice to open the window just enough to get your rifle out and keep the chilly north wind out!

Comment

I prefer flipup because it gets the whole window out of the way. sliders can fog n block part of your view. flipup gives more room to look and shoot

Comment

Sliders can get in a bind over the years and not be so quiet. Flip ups are always quiet and easy to open/close. Flip ups for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bow flip up....

rifle....cointoss. I like the idea of only opening it partially but they do get cloudy/dirsty over time and it restricts your view

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Bow flip up....

rifle....cointoss. I like the idea of only opening it partially but they do get cloudy/dirsty over time and it restricts your view
            Thanks for the replies. Cleaning the sliders was actually a concern of mine but I saw on one of deer views videos you can easily pop out their sliding window to clean it. You can also leave off a full view

Comment

I prefer flip ups. Just sat in a slider blind the other day, had to clean the windows, just a bit dirty and with the sun on it, can’t see out. Then frost in the morning makes it hard to see thru as well. Yeah the window did come out, And I cleaned it. But these windows where a few years old and didn’t age well. So flip ups for me. Get the entire window out of the way.

Comment

I prefer flip up ones for bow hunting

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

if a gun blind use sliders. If bow no way in the world do you use SLiders. Way to much noise and hard to open. Flip ups for sure.

Comment

This is a gun blind

Comment

Flip up so you can use the entire window

Comment

On flip up windows if by chance you need curtains, how do you rig them?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Bow flip up....

I misspoke here ...Bow would be flip to the side, not up for me.. Seems I have more room to the side than up or down. Curtains are easier here as well with a flip to the side.

Comment

I prefer flip up in rifle blind. Seems like where i need to put my gun is on the half of the slider that is closed

Comment

For a rifle get sliders. I’ve got 2 Texas Wildlife Supply 5x9 stands one with sliders and other flip ups. I hate the flip ups so does my wife. Sometimes when you shoot if you have a muzzle brake on your rifle the flip ups fall down from the muzzle blast. I like opening my windows just a little also especially on cold mornings with the buddy heater going. I’m going to change my flip ups to sliders this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X