Neighbor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
    Wow, some of you guys crack me up. I never said I was going to do anything or expect anything from the guy. I just think it would be a good idea to get to know your neighbors if you are going to be shooting deer that are "unless spined" are going to end up dying on one of your neighbors places. I hunt almost 5000 acres total and I have called every surrounding neighbor on every small "under 100 acres" place hunt to let them know Where I am hunting and asked if it would be ok to track on their property. If not I wouldn't hunt it because my chances of recovering would be pretty slim. I Posted on here to see if the majority of people do the same, but as usual just get a bunch of smart *** comments how the guy can hunt as close to my property and pretty much do what he wants after the deer runs over and dies in my or my neighbors yard. What if the neighbor is an anti hunter that would never let you step foot on his place, you just shot a deer that will die for no reason or you just don't care and would probably trespass anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if you have FIVE THOUSAND acres to hunt why are you so ****ed concerned with the little guy that likely only has his 2 acre "slice of heaven" to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
      You could put a posted sign on your property line right next to his setup. Might tick him off but it would get your point across.
      This^^^^^, and I'd write the note to a third person.....please tell your land owner to give me a call.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      100% this. No need for him to ask permission until he needs to.
      That's not very responsible when there's a 96% chance the deer is going to end up on someone else's property. Red flag right from the start.

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      Agree totally with this and understand totally what you are saying. Get out and meet your neighbors to at least give him a chance.
      This, at least you'll know for sure what you're dealing with.

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
      Negative. He didn't need to ask you jack. Hes done nothing wrong. The end.

Your assuming hes Gonna do something wrong...
      If the neighbor shoots a deer most likely he will have to trespass to recover his deer. Not having this issue resolved before the hunt shows the neighbor is not a responsible hunter.

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      I’m gonna go outside and look for something that offends me, make some assumptions and then post to social media.

Wait...I think a guy on a motorcycle just drove past my house and was exceeding the speed limit. That was easy!!
      Yea, especially with the guy on the motorcycle was driving across your property.

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I told my neighbor anytime he needs to cross my fence to do so, no need to call me.
      Hell if he just wants to walk in a bigger circle go for it.
      He has a feeder and ladder stand about 20 yds from our fence. also told him that if he was going to be hunting on a particular day let me know and I'd keep the kids out of the back part of the property so as to not disturb his hunt.
      this is a good neighbor from the start, something your neighbor failed to do.

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
      Also never said anything was wrong with him having a feeder or decoy next to my property line or that I care if he hunts his property. The point is, that in a patch of woods that's maybe 30x50ft. That actually is in a point and my property is on both sides of the point. The whole issue is that the guy has a lot higher probability that the deer will die somewhere else and I personally wouldn't hunt it without knowing ahead of time that I could get permission to recover a deer I shot.

The only thing a responsible hunter does, something you're neighbor has failed to do.
      Last edited by Thumper; 12-08-2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Good Lord people!

He is simply stating that there is a 99% chance any deer shot is going to cross property lines. As a hunter, especially a bow hunter, don't you think it would be wise to contact your neighbors and let them know you hunt on a tiny piece of property and make sure it is ok for you to recover on their land in the event you stick a deer?

I get it Christian. Half of these people just don't get it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
          What about the law that says no feeder or stand within 100 yards of property line?
          There is no such law..... I wish there was a law..

Where do you guys come up with this "law"???

I've had at least 4 people speak of said law in just the last month... It's scary how many people do no research "laws" or hunting laws..

The "law" should read that no stand or feeder can be located within 150
          yards of a property OR 1/2 the width of your property.(this is for 2 acre tracts)

Comment

Similar situation happened to me on a large tract of land. Guy set up a stand and feeder 5 yards from my property line. I put up a couple of posted signs and a note for him to call me. He did call and we worked out an agreement. All ended well.

Comment

My neighbor and I hunt our shared fence line. It’s no big deal. Lots of deer in this state to go around

If a neighbir with 2 acres is able to pull deer off of a larger tract then he has the better habitat and gets to earn a full freezer for it.
              If I had two acres I’d hunt hunt it.

Comment

And for the record I have knocked every door within 2 miles any direction. I spoke to his wife and gave her my number, never heard from the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                  Sorry a bill was introduced in ‘05 prohibiting feeders and stands within 100 yards of fence. I thought it had passed
                  In 05? So you have been telling people this for 12 years without checking??

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    That's not very responsible when there's a 96% chance the deer is going to end up on someone else's property. Red flag right from the start.

God ....please stop by his house and tell him this for us and let us know how it goes..... please video.

Comment

Neighbor question

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      God ....please stop by his house and tell him this for us and let us know how it goes..... please video.

I get the guys point and I also made it a point to meet everyone of my neighbors when I moved in. Just seems logical to some, to some I guess not. Shoot the deer and then hope the neighbor is cool enough or not an anti hunter and will let you go recover on "someone else's" property. It's funny everyone assumes that every land owner in Texas hunts and is cool with you recovering deer on their dirt. One of my neighbors I contacted said we are trying to make our deer more tame and we better not catch you on my property. Not gonna hunt anywhere near his fence and will concentrate on the spot with more of a chance of recovery.

Last edited by Christianhuff; 12-09-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I used to hunt on our 3 acre Home place.
                        Shoot from an elevated blind towards the ground and shoot In the neck or shoulder and drop them where they stand.
                        It’s not like you get long distance shots on small acreages.
                        As for neighbors not liking hunting...they could either let me get my deer or they can deal with the rotting corpse themselves while I continue to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                          I used to hunt on our 3 acre Home place.
                          Shoot from an elevated blind towards the ground and shoot In the neck or shoulder and drop them where they stand.
                          It’s not like you get long distance shots on small acreages.
                          As for neighbors not liking hunting...they could either let me get my deer or they can deal with the rotting corpse themselves while I continue to hunt.

A neck or shoulder shot with a bow is a low percentage shot?

Comment

Neighbor question

Originally posted by chuckw View Post
                            if you have FIVE THOUSAND acres to hunt why are you so ****ed concerned with the little guy that likely only has his 2 acre "slice of heaven" to hunt?

Do people even read these threads before they comment. First off I don't remember mentioning being ******, angry, or not wanting him to kill a deer. The issue is he is running the risk of someone not letting him recover the animal he shoots and the little slice of heaven he hunts is not two acres, it's a 30ft by 50 ft. Piece Of woods surrounded by other people's property on 3 of 4 sides. The rest is his front yard, open back yard, house, and county Rd. With neighbors houses on both sides. The right thing to do would be to inform the neighbors he is hunting and make sure that he has the ability to recover an animal he shoots or have others stated he can just let it rot and keep hunting.![emoji849]I also have not done anything like post my property line, put up a stand right on the other side of the property line, because I hunt and I get it. But I also wouldn't hunt knowing a deer is probably going to die somewhere I may not be able to recover him if he goes 15 yrds in the wrong direction, without knowing and talking to the person that owns that property 15 yrds away.

Last edited by Christianhuff; 12-09-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I am gathering a lot of useful information from this thread on how the minds of some hunters work and I believe I will put up a covert to possibly catch him trespassing. Again, I have knocked the guys door and tried to meet him and gave his wife my contact info. If he chooses not to ask about recovering a deer and I get a pic of him trespassing, I did the right thing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                                High fence him out and be done with him. Have you not had problems with this neighbor before?

Wow

What a joke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X