• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take it to the dealer immediately.

and trade it in before it blows up.

Comment

Originally posted by DRSHUNTER View Post
      My daughter put four gallons in hers. She and I spent a few hours at the pump removing the tank and draining it. It will be a while before she does it again.

Sorry I laughed at your last sentence...but that's funny brother. [emoji23]

Comment

Blue cap is DEF
        Green cap is diesel
        Cat urine can't be good for the engine

Comment

Had it happen in a fire truck. A Rookie Put 3 gallons in 60 gallon fuel tank. Had to do complete engine rebuild. Another station had it happen and caught it before they started the engine. Drained tank and replaced filter. No problems.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
            I've always been a gmc guy and it was under the hood
            So what kept you from putting it the oil?

Comment

The stuff is 97% water and 3% urea...can't believe that it screws the engine so bad....or is it the dealership screwing the public that bad? $10-20k just seems absurd...

Comment

I guess anything can happen...have been dealing with DEF in trucks since that garbage was required....not sure how to confuse the two tanks but am more confused how it could be any worse than water in the tank.....all these allegedly crazy repair bills are ridiculous.....it is water with a few % of cow pizz in it....it is not going to do any more damage than water...which is in most diesel supplies.....water...and cow ****.....will sink to the bottom of the tank below the collector...remain calm and drain a few gallons from the tank...put in a good conditioner and drive on....change the fuel filters for good measure.

Comment

It seems if it's that common they would have some way of preventing people from making a 10k mistake

Comment

I think people are getting ripped off.

Comment

You can file on your comprehensive insurance. Have heard numbers on complete system from$12k/$16k

Comment

Yep

Filed today

Comment

Has anyone had the actual damage f m the def

Or is this a scare tacktic

Comment

I think it the dealer ripping folks/insurance off.
                            Can the next guy that does this try the drain and filter change and see if it works if not put more def in fuel tank and then call insurance.

I’m glad I have a 09 duramax

Comment

Sounds like a ripoff to me.

Comment

It's the Bosch CP4 fuel pumps in the Ford & Chevy's that cannot handle much, if any water moisture in the fuel or they crater and send shards of metal throughout the fuel system and into the injectors.

The high cost is having to remove all of said items, flush system and replace parts as necessary. (I'm guessing all of the injectors are included in that and driving the price up)

Comment

Working...
                                X