No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna try to get up Thursday night/Friday morning early. GRXH starts at noon Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by bioyak View Post
      Strangely the only people who have to wear hunter orange is hunters - fishermen, hikers, bird watchers etc. don't. Actually migratory bird hunters don't have to either.

Very select bunch that GETS to don the blaze.
      Yep kinda strange since it is bowhunting only. You can't hunt in the dark, so should be able to see well what you're shooting at. Still I leave orange hanging from my pack as I hunt.

Comment

Yeah, I mean I get the orange thing sucks but at same time you don't know what idiot is running around out there and it's the RULES! And the idiot not wearing orange will likely be the one to accidentally shoot someone.

Comment

Was there a helo hog killing at Granger this year?
          I don't recall hearing any thing about it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
            Was there a helo hog killing at Granger this year?
            I don't recall hearing any thing about it this year.
            Don't think so. We had pigs running all over this year at GRXH. Caught a couple suckling piglets and had them in a big bucket. Their squeals pulled a couple hogs almost into camp.

Comment

Sounds like yall had a good time, how many Rangers were there this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
                Sounds like yall had a good time, how many Rangers were there this year?
                Of the 63+ that said they'd be there about 28 showed up. Couple new faces, but mostly the standard list of suspects.

Comment

Headed out for pigs for first time at Granger tomorrow morning with a couple of friends. anybody going? Want to meet up and team up? If you know the place, tell us where to meet you. We will be at Goodwill parking lot in Round Rock at 5:30 a.m.to meet. Look for a maroon Ford pickup with Fellowship of Christian Sportsmen on the back. There will probably be a Dark Blue Volvo or a Red Chevy Tahoe parked right next to it. Call or text me, Paul, at 512-567-1510 and let me know you are coming because I am about to unplug for the remainder of the weekend.

Comment

ill prob be out on sat. good luck out there guys and report back.

Comment

stay away from the river, there will be about a hundred people chasing those white bass in between circleville and the primative boat launch, i would park by the water treatment plant, and hunt on that side, unless you have a boat and can hunt the opposite side of the river which is where 99% of the hogs are anyway!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about the river. I guess the whites are running now huh? So here is a question for you experienced guys sure to get soe action...

What are your hog hunting essentials when hiking into the woods of Granger for a hog? Weight down and necessary equipment only of course. I am planning on...

Bow and arrows of course
                        Range Finder (is this even necessary, sounds like all shots will be below 20 yards?)
                        Sow in heat spray
                        Couple of knives
                        Backpack to pack out some meat with some trash bags to line the pack
                        Water to drink
                        Granola Bars to snack on
                        Aerial photo of the property

Anything else?

Comment

Also, anybody know if you can carry out here if you are CHL?

Comment

hunter orange, no handguns, rifle

Comment

CHL carry is ok

Comment

not to hunt with, but to carry

Comment

Working...
                                X