No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's lot of places on both lakes Chris. Just gotta be careful not to step off into a channel with the current lake level now. And careful not to get into some of the quicksand in the channels if you do . There are a few places that don't fit that scenario. Some places ya got to pack in a good ways to get there. And hope on body else is there already too.

But, in all, duck-n can be a lot of fun if safely done . Best time to go is when the lakes are full. Even the newbies and armatures can usually bag some birds on most hunts then. When the lakes are down, it can be really tough see-n how they don't have any thing to eat or hold them there. Duck-n is what lead me to deer hunt-n Whitney back in the 1980s.

Comment

Thanks mike

Comment

Originally posted by plentl65 View Post
        Good luck to all, can't decide if I want try my luck out there or not this year. Since Waco lake no longer requires permits and it's only 15 minutes from my house I think I'm going to give it a try this year.
        When did Waco change. I was told to get permit after the 21st this month.

Just curious. I doubt i hunt at all this year.

Comment

DW, That's what it says on their web sight. Might swing by the office just to confirm. Sometimes district office doesn't always get things in print with the project's rules/print.

Comment

Went scouting yesterday, only saw a single deer in the brush.
            There is no deer in W!!!!
            It is over grown, all tracks are covered.

Can't wait to see u guys again!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              DW, That's what it says on their web sight. Might swing by the office just to confirm. Sometimes district office doesn't always get things in print with the project's rules/print.

Thank Mike.
              I will just in case i hunt.

Comment

Went to Whitney up by Kimble bend area saw 5 deer went in after 9 and left by noon spooked up a doe with 2 fawns and then a doe with a buck in tow crossed a trail in front of me don't think I spooked em just looks like they were out for a stroll

Comment

Special thanks to the W/A hunter volunteers at the TTHA show.

Comment

boys, my honey hole is still the honey hole. walked right to the I 35 of deer highways yesterday. totaly stoked to get out there with a bow this year.....

Comment

Chino hopefully we will run into each other again this year.

This duck recipe is great to....TG is the duck whisperer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1277 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24232855

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1279 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24232856
                      Last edited by switchback; 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Tapatalk won't let me add it, but I got some pics of about a 4 ft rattler on the road right next to the entrance to the corp land at Lake A. Grabbed a stick and moved him outta the road so nobody runs over him.

Be careful out there! First time I've ever seen a rattlesnake out there.

Comment

Thanks K86 for moving him out of the way. I carry a snake stick (catcher) in my truck just for that

Comment

WHAT !!! Someone on tbh that saw a snake and didn't smush it beyond recognition only to then caption pictures like check out this pretty snake, or good snake, or that's the way I like my snakes

Comment

I was just happy to see one, as morbid as that sounds. I've never seen a live rattlesnake in the wild.

He let me pick him up with the sea cane reed, and I just moved him over to the side of the road. He moved off pretty quick and didn't rattle very loud. I'm sure they're around, but at my fathers place in Hubbard, we've never seen one in over 30 years of living here. I know they're all over the western side of the county however.

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
                                When did Waco change. I was told to get permit after the 21st this month.

Just curious. I doubt i hunt at all this year.
                                I called to confirm a couple weeks ago and you don't need anything from the office as far as a permit goes. I asked that question twice just to make sure I understood. The lady said all you need is a valid hunting license and follow the hunting regulations of the county and the state of Texas. I'm afraid it will have all the spots over run with people now that you don't need a permit. I went down to McLennan Xing and I've never seen the Bosque that low. Plus the blood weeds are so thick I don't think you could get drawn on anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X