Traffic ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traffic ticket?

So my son got his first ticket today in downtown Houston. Officer said that he rolled through a stop sign so it is already a he said vs he said. So for my question. Should he get a traffic lawyer to help him? Work will not allow for me to go to court with him.
    Thanks for any help given

Defensive driving and be done with it

Comment

If he’s under 18 in my city or county he must be accompanied by a legal guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        And this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bretto22 View Post
          If he’s under 18 in my city or county he must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
          He is 20 and a student at UH. But he has never been to court before and did not want him just accept anything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            That’s what I told him. Officer said he could pay it online and not go to court. I thought you had to go to court to ask for defensive driving.

Comment

I'd rather pay a lawyer than a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                He is 20 and a student at UH. But he has never been to court before and did not want him just accept anything they say.
                He should definitely take it to court. It will cost him even more for insurance than he is currently paying until he is 26 if it hits his record.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                  239.00 if he pays plus 2 marks on his driving record. Also not sure the insurance price change next renewal.

Comment

He is a grown man. I’d let him handle it. I have a 19 year old that has high functioning autism and I make him handle his own business

Comment

You do not need to go to court for defensive driving. More than likely the cop will no show. In a he said vs he said the judge always sides with the cop unless he can prove he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                        That’s what I told him. Officer said he could pay it online and not go to court. I thought you had to go to court to ask for defensive driving.
                        Just contact the precinct on the ticket tomorrow and set up Defer Adjudication if offered or Defensive Driving. Take the course online and be done with it. Simple

Comment

Call Kenneth Bradshaw and pay him and then neither one of yall have to deal with it. He'll get differed adjudication.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            He should definitely take it to court. It will cost him even more for insurance than he is currently paying until he is 26 if it hits his record.
                            If he does the defensive driving it won’t show on his record thus no increase in insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post

X100. Get a 100.00 lawyer and ask for deferred adjudication. No tickets in 6
                              Months it goes away. No need to even be in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X