Not your typical MexTrip(pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not your typical MexTrip(pic heavy)

Well this isn’t a hunting trip, but I thought some might enjoy.
    -Back Story: In high school my lil bro played catcher on baseball team. Freshman transfer student from Mexico comes on to team as a pitcher. Kid speaks broken English and doesn’t know anyone but sister he lives with. So my bro an upperclassman takes him under his wing being he is bilingual and his catcher. From this start a friendship grows and this kid is always at my parents and mine, moves in guest house w/my bro at one point and then mine when bro goes to trade school. He just becomes family. Manny pitches well enough to earn a scholarship to UT Brownsville and has a run thru lower levels of pro ball w/Pittsburgh Pirates. All along him coming and staying w/us on breaks and holidays through the following years.
    He eventually goes back to Mexico and starts his business life, helping w/family businesses and then creating some of his own ventures. All the while we maintain a relationship him visiting and us making couple trips to Mexico.
    -Family Background: Manny’s father is Spaniard and his mother Mexican. Spanish ancestors were merchants that settled in Cedral San Luis Potosí where they built a hacienda that would eventually go from his parents summer home to full time residence. The Spanish also brought traditions, including bullfighting. A ring was built(Plaza) and Manny’s family has always run the fights.
    -Trip: Manny invites us down for bullfight,running of the bulls and town fair. We had been there previously for fights and fair. This year was special as it’ll b Manny’s first year taking over the plaza and events. He has worked very hard remodeling plaza and it looks like never before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool.

Comment

Now that's really kewl. I did not know they had running of the bulls also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pics!! Even better story!! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Manny’s family home. Was built in 1792. It’s huge!! 1 square townblock this exterior, interior to follow grapes they make wine.

Comment

Very cool story. Thanks for posting.

Keep the pics coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Cool story, cool pics. In for more

Comment

That is awesome. The bulls in the 6th photo look like they are just waiting for one of you to slip.

Comment

sweet trip

Comment

Man that’s cool!

Comment

Looks like a cool place! In for more pictures.

Comment

Very cool!!!

Comment

Great story

Comment

Manny’s office
                            cold town bank
                            Bar(Manny ran, but gonna be remodeled)
                            Bar VIP room, is underground. This is part of old tunnel system used for escape back in the day.

Comment

Thats a sweet crib!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X